Home Forums General Discussion Yet More Change.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Participant

kaikohe

Dave Morris
    Participant

gore

Dave Morris
    Participant

nightcaps

Dave Morris
    Participant

dargaville

Dave Morris
    Participant

manurewa

Anonymous

Yeah, one of the below.Malcolm wrote:

maybe not, back to a beemer then

But he misspelt "never" as "maybe".

Dave Morris
    Participant

so ya gunna learn to grow Kumera.  I like those purple Maori potatoes they might be a good earner.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wairoa

Go North Bwucie,its warmer on the bones !

Anonymous

The links on the top of this page (on the title on the left and the graphic on the right) now point to the new (WordPress) version of the BMWOR website. For those that wish to bookmark it the url is http://bmwor.org.nz/wordpress/It is a bit Mickey Mouse as yet, I have had to link back to some existing pages to get forms to post to Regalia and Membership until we get a proper Shopping Cart set up. The irony around this is that the most popular WordPress Shopping Cart was developed in Wellington (by Instinct), but doesn't support NZ payment gateways out of the box. I'm sure that support will be readily available, but I don't know at what cost. Frankly, I am operating well outside my comfort zone, and also don't know how long it will be before the Officer In Charge of bright ideas (whoever he or she is) wants more changes to be effected.I suspect I'm getting have gotten too old to handle change.

Anonymous

Just installed a shopping cart and killed the site.Oh, fragious joy!  :-X[hr]....and recovered it again, and started working on the shopping cart, realised it was gonna be a long time on a steep learning curve, so I'm gonna go do something else.Oh! Look at that, it's just reached beer o'clock - wonder what I'll do? ;D

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just installed a shopping cart and killed the site.

Don't worry, I did that a week or so ago. Put in a fix at a client to stop a weird error, which promptly killed the operation of their core software...

Anonymous

Just installed a shopping cart and killed the site.

Don't worry, I did that a week or so ago. Put in a fix at a client to stop a weird error, which promptly killed the operation of their core software...

Yeah, but you get paid for your time when you create a bollocks: I'm shooting myself in the foot on my voluntary dime. And you should be paid, 'cos you are alleged to know what you're doing - I just make it up as I go along. Shades of Army NCO Instructors - teach yourself the night before, so you can teach the licentious soldiery the next day. (Ah! Sweet memories of youth!)

Anonymous

WELL! Finished.The shop is working reasonably well, but like all free as in beer software it has some bugs: occasionally it doesn't immediately display the response screen when you finalise a purchase, so people get sucked into clicking and clicking and clicking........ (Doesn't only happen with free software - The Librarian had to take almost three hundred request entries out of their system when one borrower got overly clickety)Which means they'll get dozens of emails telling them they've bought dozens of widgets when they only wanted one. Have to trust our admin guys to just send the one, thereby displaying their common sense.If you do use the shop, you may remember (I hope) I've set up two manual payment methods, because the Register has a seperate account for Rallies and Events. Just tick the appropriate radio button at the bottom of the bottom of the Checkout page. (And no, the Rag isn't in the shop, because we are just about right at the date already: next one will be.Screenshotfrom2013-04-01083357_zps2552577b.png

Anonymous

Please report any broken links to webmaster@bmwor.org.nz – I loaded a bunch of archived newsletters (back to 2005) and can't imagine I haven't got some of the links wrong. I still have a lot of gaps to fill in the last couple of years, where we have had the newsletter on servers other than our own.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.