Home Forums Members Yet another one

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

HelloJust sold my Fireblade and am in the market for an 1150GS.  Have had enough of sportbikes and have my eye on 2 or 3 GS's currently. Unfortunately I know pde964 quite well, which means I live in Christchurch.  Looking forward to getting a GS and riding it.

Russell Taylor
    Participant

You plonka !! I knew your self control would eventually cave, and the Daffy bug would bite.Checkhttp://forum.bmwor.org.nz/index.php/topic,1200.0.htmlYou just might learn something !!Tweedle Dum. 🙄

Dave Ross

Welcome to the forum Muppet. You are second Muppet here, the other one is called Kermit. :-D. It's only a matter of time now, soon you will be asking which tyres are best for the GS. You know you want one.

Jim Young
    Participant

Welcome, another one who has seen the light !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis Prendergast
    Participant

Welcome to the forum Muppet. You are second Muppet here, the other one is called Kermit. :-D. It's only a matter of time now, soon you will be asking which tyres are best for the GS. You know you want one.

Thanks for that.  Yes luckily I'm a bit of a bike nut in that I read everything on everything, so I've got quite a good article in 'Bike' magazine on the best tyres for adv bikes, with regard to the road and track.  They use an R1200gs as the test bike.  As long as pde964 is kept on a tight leash, I might share the results of it with you all.  My GS experience is a couple of rides on an 1100GS a few years ago and a 1000 km ride to Auckland on a friends 04 1200GS (very very nice!) last month.  And yes you are right, I know I want one.  I don't want to admit that anything pde964 say is right, but he keeps telling me 'anything less is a compromise'  I swear I'm going to phone BMW and sell this to them as the basis of a new ad campaign for the GS!!

Dave Morris
    Participant

clearly i see a md life crisis going on down south. go the ladybird

Russell Taylor
    Participant

I found out today why my GS costs so much more than the competitors. The mechanic tells me it has stainless steel valves.Muppet, just get on with it. You know you want one.

dave.valma
    Participant

SS valve head welded to a non SS stem been that way for many years

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.