Home Forums General Discussion Wonder how much if this is produced?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

http://goo.gl/rKhZwuLooks even less practical than my late and very much lamented R-eleven-hundy-ess: I'd like one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, it's re-using plenty of bits from other bikes, but don't expect to see through the production model… you can fit lots of electronics and stuff in there!The S1000R is around 24-25k, so even as some limited run, perhaps a little more? How much is the R Ninety thingy, and it's sold out pretty much... except more of a collectors bike I'd guess.

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Wonder how much the New S1000 GT or RS will be? Looks like a S1000R with a fairing and panniers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wonder how much the New S1000 GT or RS will be? Looks like a S1000R with a fairing and panniers.

Do you have any pics or links to pics of it?

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Try looking  up S1000 Adventure  on the net. Looks more like  a Multistrada

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for that. Must say my impression is that it merely a couple of journos trying to create a scoop article. I doubt we would ever see it. If they wanted to take on the Multistrada or KTM in the bhp stakes, they could get all the extra they need out of the 1200 LC motor and still have a better handling bike in the GS. The market share that the bikes they mention have isn't enough to pose a real threat. Harley does, and I think that is why we are seeing low (for shorter riders) bikes that lend themselves to heaps of customisation. IMHO

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Just take a S1000 R  at 160 HP add a fairing ,raise suspension a few mm ,add  a comfy seat, Pannier racks, Higher bars and You have a Great Road Bike. Hope They put a few extra litres  into the Tank.That Bike is Comming!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.