Home Forums General Discussion who’s going to the Cold kiwi

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I'm off to the Cold Kiwi this Friday ,staying in Rotorua then to the rally on Saturday ,Sunday head over towards Raglan then home to Whangarei Monday.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I don't do cold. There is no way I'll ever go to a rally the has cold, or a synonym of cold, in its name. But hey, there is more for you to enjoy, then.

Mark
    Participant

H Alex took the 86 R80gs did 1600 km over 4 daysDay 1Whangarei to Rotorua via Hwy 16, Hunia , Mirander, Kopu, Whangamata, Tauranga, Rotoua. 500kmDay 2Rotorua, Whakamurru, national Park, Wiauru.Day 3Waiuru,desert road ,Turangi,Tamaranui,Te kuiti, Kawhia, Ragalan , Wainaro hot poolsDay 4Wainaro, Huntly, Glen Murray, Pukekohe,kingseat, Kumue via airport, back roads from Huapai ,Waitoki back road to Hwy 16 Auckland Mountain and home Whangarei Excellent weather good people and a great party, sorry about the spelling but still getting over a hard night at the Cold Kiwi

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excellent weather good people and a great party, sorry about the spelling but still getting over a hard night at the Cold Kiwi Hi DarrylI see in the local rag that there was compulsory breath testing set up north and south of the venue on Sunday. Did you run the gauntlet successfully then?CheersGr82briding

Mark
    Participant

yes 6kms down the road in waiouru they had one and I passed , but it is a worrying area, shame they couldn,t do this at the gate that way it would be much saferas u would”t of been on the road . I asked one of the St johns guys if they had a tester and they said they weren't allowed.Also on saturday they had a speed camera not far from the site.Do they want our money of course they do we are good payers. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes 6kms down the road in waiouru they had one and I passed , but it is a worrying area, shame they couldn,t do this at the gate that way it would be much saferas u would"t of been on the road . I asked one of the St johns guys if they had a tester and they said they weren't allowed.Also on saturday they had a speed camera not far from the site.Do they want our money of course they do we are good payers. 

Na mate it's all about road safety,doesn't make sense to test people on site and encourage them to wait a while untill their alcohol levels reach a safe point does it, and as for speed camera's, they will be more prolific than tree's in ten years time....

Anonymous

You can buy your own breath tester if you have a personal problem, or you could decide bikes and grog just don't mix. Now there's an interesting personal choice.But they're always gonna get me on the speed thing - too slow, holding up traffic: ask R Kuysten, he'll tellya how pathetic and slow I am.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can buy your own breath tester if you have a personal problem, or you could decide bikes and grog just don't mix. Now there's an interesting personal choice.But they're always gonna get me on the speed thing - too slow, holding up traffic: ask R Kuysten, he'll tellya how pathetic and slow I am.

Yea right,that must be your twin brother I am always tailing then !!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

that twin brother has quite some explaining to do. trailing him across the Hikuai to Kopu run was an exercise in smooth & “slow” resulting in a cracker ride. pathetic, yeh right!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.