Home Forums General Discussion Where are all the airheads in Auckland?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Occasionally I see an old boxer riding around town and I wonder who's keeping them. Has there ever been an airhead meeting?

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Hi Russell, there were plenty of them at the RAG Rally recently, not all from Auckland but a good showing.  I guess they're all out riding eh  😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi RussellYou may have seen me from time to time.  I have a 1976 R75/6 with 135bajillion kms on it.  It still manages to get me from A to B.Just.hehe3470696062_30ae69c6da_o.jpg

dave.valma
    Participant

yep there was an airhead division of the the BMWOR for several years, ably run by Nick Ploeg, when Nick needed a break it was taken over by a guy (can't remember his name) from around Papakura, unfortunately that is where it stopped, as far as I know he never carried on with the good work Nick had done. There is a very informal network that works on a needs type basis. the Airheads are out there. Though I have noticed that quite a few are coming up on Trademe having had the rego on hold, often for several years, perhaps the owners gave up riding because of safety or maybe age.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That's a very nice looking slash 6… must be the S faring!It's a pity that there is not still a division of airheads - I'm happy to be a contact person if there is interest. r-c@paradise.net.nzAny other airheads want to post photo's of their bikes? It would be great to see what's/who's out there!

Dave Morris
    Participant

Hamilton most famous AIRHEAD (well she thinks so) with Chris AMON

Campbell Thomson
    Participant

Plenty of Airheads in the South Island or Te Wai Something.I see you have air head twins in Hamilton eh steve

Tim BLAKE
    Participant

Lots of pictures of my R90S travelling around South Island can be found on my Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/geckoracing/sets In some of the sets I am on my oilhead GS but I usually differentiate in the title by adding 90S or R90S

Tim BLAKE
    Participant

Hi RussellIf you don't want to go to the Flickr site or see my R90S with scenery in the background. Here is one pic of it taken on a BMWOR ride

Dave Ross

My airhead in its natural environment.  I am sure Danny Crane would love to have one like that. 😀[img width=600 height=450]http://1tlrsa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pYR3RgobLy63UJlPC-VeZpy3ZHHZxaI8-HHTMFvDnOPHZZvskHR4sWx8yhqdegdhUtOfewfEO9tlWHXfgENvReQ/DSCF1734.JPG[/img]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the flichr photos. Great bike and great scenery. How long have you had the R90? From South Africa?Cheers,Russell

Tim BLAKE
    Participant

Thanks. I bought it new in 1975 and have had it since. Yes I did bring it over from South Africa with me so it has been most places on tar seal over there too. I had it in storage for many years, while our children were young, and rebuilt it about a year (12,000 km ago). We did a lot of touring, and in fact went on honeymoon on it about thirty years ago, so with all the memories tied up in it, fortunately neither of us ever had the heart to sell it. We are loving it now although also have an oilhead GS which we perhaps use more.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not sure about airheads in Auckland- but there are a few in the deep South…I have a 1989 R100RT (ex-Auckland…) and this machine replaced a 1987 R80Rt (ex-Dunedin..)…so both are still regularly seen around Invercargill

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.