Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Wheel cleaner

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Guys,I read somewhere in one of the posts about someone using an aerosol spray on alloy wheel cleaner and the resulting effects.I bought a can of foaming wheel cleaner from the red shed and gave it a try this weekend, as cleaning my spoked wheels is a pain and a long job and to my amazement, this stuff works! After a good long ride yesterday, I cleaned my bike and sprayed the stuff on the wheels, spokes wheel hubs and even the front fork legs and they came up spotless! Spray it on and you can see it cleaning the dust and dead bugs etc and then just hose if off. A quick rub for any stubborn stuff, but it is a handy product for guys that like to keep things clean.Cheers, 🙂

pdmeikle57
    Participant

I think some of those mag wheel cleaners can be somewhat corrosive so I'd check the can… and maybe be a little careful where you spray it 🙂cheersTracy

Anonymous
    Inactive

I use the CRC product and spray it liberally over the wheels and engine, in fact any coated surface and it works a treat. I keep away from the acid based liquids.  Lifts the dirt everytime.  I bought the foam in a can from he red shed too but it would not come out of the can, a real pain.  I use a power washer too, despite people saying it's no good on the seals but careful use and staying 20cm away from the surface keeps the bike looking like new.

peter.trub
    Participant

I wash mine in water  😀 Deep water  😳

Peter Hadfield
    Participant

I use liquid Dynamo,  50/50 with water in a spray bottle, spry it on ,wait 3/5 mins, hose off, simple.

pdmeikle57
    Participant

I use the CRC product and spray it liberally over the wheels and engine,

What is the name of the CRC product you use? thanksTracy

Anonymous
    Inactive

I use WD40, not sure why, just got into the habit.

Grant Freeman
    Participant

I use liquid Dynamo,  50/50 with water in a spray bottle, spry it on ,wait 3/5 mins, hose off, simple.[/qHi,What is liquid dynamo and where do you get that product?cheers,Mike

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry guys thats a nasty 4 letter word to use.Bring me out in chills whenever anyone mentions the word w**h in relation to my bike. 😀Adrian

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.