Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Whats the red line on a R100 GSPD

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I have just bought an old 1994 airhead R100 GSPD at some stage a previous owner has replaced the speedo / rev counter with a Touratech Rallye-Computer 7Komplettintrument it works well but I have no idea how far it is safe to wind the revs up too can anyone tell me where the red line was set on these

gary
    Participant

7,000 rpm on my '93 GSPD. Enjoy the new ride. đŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Ian higher than I thought I need to see how it goes if I push a bit more than I have been RegardsDerek

Mark Mackay
    Participant

7500rpm in top gear for my pesent pd and My old white &purple one used to pull 8000 all on private road of course.

Dave Ross

My r80 doesn't even have a rev-counter. You'll feel sorry for the engine before you'll hit the red line :-).

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s got to be a great private road I hope it’s sealed 4000rpm is 100 km/h on my GS1000PD so 8000 RPM = 200Km/h Maybe I have bought a hell of a lot more bike than I expected ! Other possible options I have a different gear ratio or you have a slipping clutch

Dave Morris
    Participant

That’s got to be a great private road I hope it’s sealed 4000rpm is 100 km/h on my GS1000PD so 8000 RPM = 200Km/h Maybe I have bought a hell of a lot more bike than I expected ! Other possible options I have a different gear ratio or you have a slipping clutch

this must of been when he got dropped out the back of a plane

Dave Ross

This would be an R100 GSPD. I think Suzuki makes the bike you keep referring to. 1978_GS1000E_blue_470.jpg

Ron McFadzien
    Participant

Sounds like Eddies old bike, army truck colour. boGSer

Dave Ross

Sounds like Eddies old bike, army truck colour. boGSer

it does sound like it, I thought that, too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.