Home Forums General Discussion What do you think?????

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have seen on Trade Me a 2004 GS Adventure with apparently all the options and 10,068 kilometers covered. The seller is looking for $20,500 ono. I'd be interested in your thoughts guys and gals.ThanksPete

Dave Ross

I've had a look, but couldn't find the bike listed. The first year had a few niggly problems, but if these were sorted it should be a good bike. 10000km is quite low for a 2-3 year old bike, it would be intersting to find out why the low k's. Let's hope it wasn't because it has spent too much time in the shop :-). The price seems quite good, but you better wait for people to chime in who actually own one.

Mornay Maree
    Participant

I searched under anystyle BMW and its less than halfway down the page. Being sold from Cambridge,Waikato.I am not that clued up on the Adventure as i was looking for a standard GS. Its advertised as 'last of this model'. Is that because its an 1150 and not the 1200?

Dave Ross

Found it. It's an R1150GS Adventure. It looks to be in fantastic shape and come with all the goodies. I hope you realize that these bikes are taller than the regular 1150 and a little bit heavier. I can't really comment on the price, but with all the luggage and the ABS they were quite expensive new. Neil from Experience BMW has bought one of the last ones and is very happy with his bike. It says that the seller is negotiable. There are quite a few second R1200GS's available in this price range now, so maybe you can get a better deal on it. I prefer the look of the 1150, but the new 1200 is lighter and a little bit faster.

Mornay Maree
    Participant

Thanks. I have sent the seller a few questions and requested some more pics. Hopefully they will reply as i am quite keen. I'm a bit worried about the height issue as i am only 5ft 8.

Dave Ross

Thanks. I have sent the seller a few questions and requested some more pics. Hopefully they will reply as i am quite keen. I'm a bit worried about the height issue as i am only 5ft 8.

Height will be an issue then. I you are an experienced rider you will be able to deal with it  to some extend, but it can be a heavy pig. It should be possible to change the shocks to get it down to a more manageable height, if you are lucky the low seat setting will work for you. I would go to Experience and test sit on the black one that I saw in their showroom a couple of weeks ago. However, it may not be there anymore.  The Adventure was a better deal than the standard GS because it came with a range of extras that were expensive options to fit later.Good luck with the deal.

2bjr
    Participant

Howdy.Price is very good, especially with the panniers.  Mine is insured for $20 000 with-out the panniers. The milage is a bid low, mine has now 30 000km on.Height is not a problem with me(1.95m). There was a few problems with last of the range.  Contact me on pm, will give you more info.Goodluck.

Mornay Maree
    Participant

PM sent. Thanks again.Pete

2bjr
    Participant

Sweet.Hear from U soon. Good luck on the decision making.  Test ride is the main thing.

Anonymous

I had a 1150 adventure for a couple of years and had a load of fun on it. The bike is not that tall and is easy to handle in the rough with the low first gear. I think its the best GS bike out until the HP2 arrived. I didn't enjoy the 120gs as mush as the 1150 adventure.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.