Home Forums Rides Calendar Wespac Rescue Helicopter Charity Ride Feb.24

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Westpac Rescue Helicopter Charity RideWpac029.jpgSunday February 24th 2008 Arrive at Karaka Blood Stock Centre By 8:00am. Buy a badge ($10), buy a tee shirt ($20), a sausage and a soft drink or coffee. The ride starts at 9:00am, onto the motorway heading north, KEEPING TO LANES 2 & 3. Leave lane 1 when it appears. When the ride gets to Penrose start moving to the left so that the ride is in lanes 1 & 2 as it crosses Newmarket Viaduct to make the Wellesley St off ramp an easy manoeuvre. Down to Queen St via the bus only lane,turn right down Queen St, turn left on to Customs St,then on to Fanshawe St and back on to the motorway.Keep to the left lanes over the Bridge, off at Akoranga Dr and turn right into the Campus Car park.Scooters,learners and slow bikes assemble at the front at Karaka car park (a space will be there): during the ride keep to the left lane to allow faster bikes to keep up to front of the ride. [My wife's new AN125 can keep up, 'cos it's a CLOCKWORK ROCKET - Bwucie smiley]The speed of the ride is 80km with a ramp up at the start. REMEMBER you are on a Charity ride not a stunt show. Show off your bike not your stupidity. Waving to spectators is mandatory!!!!!! Best regards,Richard Tweedie (Ulysses 1420)

Anonymous

Thank you, Alex, I shoulda been able to work that out myself, but when you are only three sleeps from 60, the grey matter starts to shrink.

Dave Ross

Oh no, I should have put that on ages ago. Thanks for doing it. Plus, I am not sure you can actually add to the Calendar section.Cheers,Alex

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Good one Alex, nice to see this run getting exposure on our site.  😆Malcolm

Jim Young
    Participant

Hi Bwucie,Have a great birthday as you enter into the decade of fun.  😀RegardsJim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.