Home Forums General Discussion Webb Auction at Deus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Wow.I went down to Deus ex Machina to view all the bikes up for auction next week.  I was on the only bike in the carpark.  Hoo!  What a bunch of hoity-toity non-riding bike enthusiasts!  Some of the bikes from the 20s and 30s belong in a museum, fair enough, but half the bikes weren't THAT fancy and will likely still be put in someone's foyer.  Too bad.Free champagne though.http://www.webbs.co.nz/auction/important-and-vintage-motorcyclesDTY

Dave Morris
    Participant

seem a little bit overpricedwas the R90S brand spankers or what

Dave Ross

Yep, some of the prices are steep, but they are not making any more. I think bikes should be ridden and not collected, or collect dust.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, the R90S was just a good example, not concours.  I had a '76 model in the states, and it was nearly as good as this one.

Dave Morris
    Participant

they are dreaming then

Jim Young
    Participant

Must go and have a gawk, especially at the Gold Star and the trophy.Ahh fond memories of yesteryear !!!I wonder if I can persuade her indoors that the Goldie would be like a piece of art and would appreciate in value over time.  🙄

Tim BLAKE
    Participant

they are dreaming then

Hope not. It would be nice if that is what they are currently worth.

Dave Morris
    Participant

Must go and have a gawk, especially at the Gold Star and the trophy.Ahh fond memories of yesteryear !!!I wonder if I can persuade her indoors that the Goldie would be like a piece of art and would appreciate in value over time.  🙄

Jim some of those bikes you would of leant on a.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

The “Gold Star” look's like the same as the one I had stolen from the speedway car park in Southampton, when I was about 18. But no way of finding out now.  😥  Love to put in a bid, but to rich for me now.  Phil

Jim Young
    Participant

Jim some of those bikes you would of leant on a.Only the ones with the Girder forks and solid back ends with sprung single seats  🙄I too like DTY wasnt too impressed, even though they said the Goldie had another frame fitted after an accident, the forks and bars looked to be twisted to me and it hasnt been retested or re registered.

Dave Ross

I went and had a look this afternoon. It's an interesting place. You guys have been pretty hard on the bikes. That 90S was hard to fault. The prices they are asking don't come into it, it will be worth what people are prepared to pay for it. Most of them will end up being ornaments anyway. The concept of the shop is good, even though they seem to be specializing in poser items. Experience could probably learn a few things from them. There is no reason why anyone would want to hang out at Experience, it has a cold, hard ambiance with little room to walk around the bikes. To attract people you'll need to give them a reason to go there, without getting the feeling that you are just taking up space.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think you nailed it with the poser bikes.  My problem wasn't with the bikes, it was that not one of the people on the Wednesday  night opening was on a bike.  It was as if they were treating it like some art gallery “opening”.  Just a gripe.The bikes that did it for me were the old Triumphs, especially that Auckland Police 650.  Nice.DTY

Anonymous

I went and had a look this afternoon. It's an interesting place. You guys have been pretty hard on the bikes. That 90S was hard to fault. The prices they are asking don't come into it, it will be worth what people are prepared to pay for it. Most of them will end up being ornaments anyway. The concept of the shop is good, even though they seem to be specializing in poser items. Experience could probably learn a few things from them. There is no reason why anyone would want to hang out at Experience, it has a cold, hard ambiance with little room to walk around the bikes. To attract people you'll need to give them a reason to go there, without getting the feeling that you are just taking up space.

They are building on soon to make room for?? 😀

Dave Ross

They could have a bit of ambiance like this 🙂Untitled-93.jpg

Dave Ross

Here is another oneUntitled-99.jpgboth pinched from here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514041&page=7

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.