Home Forums Rides Calendar Waitemata MCC Trail ride

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I think I'll have another go.fday4.jpgThe lunch ride may have to go on without me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I might make this one.What lunch ride is scheduled that day?

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

The lunch ride will be to the Station Cafe in Helensville. Haven't added it to the calendar yet. We could do a morning session, ride to lunch and then go back for another loop :-).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like it!  Though no one will want to eat with us when we're dirty & sweaty.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you want a ride Alex?  I know it's not far, but I want to take gas, tools, drinks, chairs etc so I'll be trailering the bike out there. More than enough room for Hehr Basic.DTY

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

That's the slippery slope :-).  You could take some of my gear, but I'll be happy to ride the bike out there. I keep losing stuff off the bike of my bike.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Damn, the weather is looking pretty horrible for Sunday.Keep your fingers crossed.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Yep, not looking so good at the moment. The track is not affected by rain, it drains extremely well. However, it's meant to be fun and I am not desperate to get rained on.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Looks like the only hard man is Haggis. Both Dave and I whimped out due to the weather, but Haggis is giving it a go with his Adventure. Hopefully he won't get it stuck between two tree :-).

Nick Taber
    Participant

Not so hard really.  I didn't even find the Waitemata crowd.  I rode the metal roads in the Rodney hills in almost constant heavy rain for a couple of hours before making my way to Woodhill and the trail park.  I went on to the beach, got stuck and had to be pulled out by a 4WD driver.  I did enjoy it – in a masochistic sort of way.  The BMW gear was great.The GSA is fabulous but I definitely need a true trail bike to enjoy those sort of trails and beaches - especially on my own.When I lived in Dubai, I joined a guided ride into the desert on a Honda XR400.  That was fantastic.  You had to keep the speed up and if you did it was more like skiing than riding.  Soon as we lost speed we were in trouble.  I was very impressed with the XR400 although as confidence grew during the day, I began to think it was a little under powered.  I guess the newer versions have plenty of guts.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.