Home Forums Ride Reports Waihi Falls and Makairo Track traverse

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

well this ride happened as planned. The track was challenging especially for those of us who sometimes allow our fear to limit us. As evidence of this my fallen eleven fifty when I slipped on a cambered single track 😳
    P1010001.jpg

This ride in the company of 2 Dakars, 5 DR650's, an Airhead (two up), an HP2 and a KTM 540EXC reinforced to me what a challenge the big GS can be in less fully competent hands.

As always the scenery made it all worth while along with good company and lots of fun pushing oneself hard in the gravel sections.

Intrepd Splt Pin - a cool cucumber
    P1010003.jpg

En route to the Waihi Falls via Kokora Road near Coonor (out toward the Coast from Pahiatua)
    P1010004.jpg

at the Waihi Falls
    P1010008.jpg

split pin and James in Moo Zeeland register member now a TransAlp rider
    P1010005.jpg

day is almost done overlooking the Tararua District from Spur Road en route to Waihoki Valley
    P1010009.jpg

aegis4805
    Participant
    Murray
    Participant

Once again, an excellent adventure 😀 😀 😀

Was some pretty gnarly ruts on that track, eh Stephen!!!

Had a great time, good bunch of guys to ride with, let's do it again soon.

Dave Ross

I see I am going to have to move to Wellington, or perhaps I am just in with the wrong crowd. I wish I’d been there. Thanks for the report and the pictures.

Murray
    Participant

Alex, a move to Wellington is not such a bad thing 😀 and we’d be delighted to have you join us riding when we make the trek up for the Kaipara Adventure over Labour Weekend.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.