Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Viscoelastic seating pads

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

(A Harley riding designer is surely an oxymoron?)

That would be a Harley riding engineer, I wouldn't put it past a designer. For them function follows form. 😀

honeybear.2399
    Participant

!.PS. If that's a sheepskin on Phil's bike is that wot they mean by sex and travel?

Yep it is. Not sure about the "Sex and Travel"  Is that sex,before travel or after or while?  Phil[img][/img]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, I agree with Brucie;  .  It was comfortable initially, but after moulding itself to my shape, offered little support.  The trial I did with a pad of 'memory foam' was only partially successful.    The AirHawk air cells continue to give support as the air moves around between the cells (something akin to the old Austin 1100 suspension?).

honeybear.2399
    Participant

As you can see I have justed washed the bike.   I often get asked what it is like when it rains and you have to ride home on a wet seat.    No  trouble, I never go anywhere with out MY hair dryer, so I just get it out and dry the Sheepskin. 👿  Regards Phil :mrgreen:

Peter Hadfield
    Participant

Bryan where did you get your airhawke? good to catch up with you guys by the way.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bryan where did you get your airhawke? good to catch up with you guys by the way.

Got my AirHawk from the following Aussie website - I've included their email reply:  "Thank you for your email. You need the Medium Cruiser @ $169.00 + delivery. International Courier Express is around $40. I am happy to extend our "Free Express Post in Australia" discount to you (value $10.00). This would make your total cost AU$199.00 delivered in 3-5 business days."  Kind Regards,Tom Thornley.Thornley Ent. Pty. Ltd.Tel. (61) (8) 8644 2499Mob. (61) 0415 416 245

Original Message

Peter Hadfield
    Participant

cheers Bryan, have ordered one today.

Tony Russell
    Participant

The only thing to beat the Airhawk might be the Corbin. It is pretty damned hard, but extremely well shaped, so the lbs/square inch is low. Downside is the price. Anyhow, I've always used Corbins and have just ordered one with plus 1 1/2 inch height front and back,  and both heated.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.