Home Forums General Discussion Virus protection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just out of interest – I logged on to this site and my virus protection software (Eset NOD32) came up with a warning and closed me down.  It now indicates that there was a nasty or some such thing but I can't be sure if it came with BMWOR or not.  However better be sure than sorry so if any of you have problems please let us know.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Just out of interest - I logged on to this site and my virus protection software (Eset NOD32) came up with a warning and closed me down.  It now indicates that there was a nasty or some such thing but I can't be sure if it came with BMWOR or not.  However better be sure than sorry so if any of you have problems please let us know.

Malcolm I had  the same when I logged on to this site. Using Nod  Have since done a full scan. nothing  found all clear.  Thank you for your input.  Regards Phil

Anonymous

😀 😀 All youse WinDoze hillbillies worrying about viruses. This Linux user wonders what they are?? 😀 😀

honeybear.2399
    Participant

😀 😀 All youse WinDoze hillbillies worrying about viruses. This Linux user wonders what they are?? 😀 😀

Yes . Bwucie, but we like to pay for protection. That way we get the best. 😀 😀 😀 😀  Regards Phil. PS Hows the R1100s Going? since the big spend?

Anonymous

Yes . Bwucie, but we like to pay for protection. That way we get the best. 😀 😀 😀 😀  Regards Phil. PS Hows the R1100s Going? since the big spend?

Get the best what, Phil, viruses? I use free software for virus protection on WinDoze on the odd occasion I do boot it, and it works very reliably, never had a dose of internet clap yet. Mr Gates has enough money already, and Mr McAfee, Mr Norton etc etc, without me paying them more of mine. Open Source rulez in my house.The eleven hundy am going good, I am pleased to say. That includes the mondo big rain and hailstorms we have been out in lately: the bike is good in all conditions, and the rider is stupid enough to be out there in the conditions, instead of at home with a library book and repeat doses of espresso.

Xan
    Participant

Recently, many web sites have been infected by a virus and unfortunately, BMWOR Forum site was not an exception.  🙁The virus (origin is China) did affect your computer if you have Adobe Acrobat (which most people have) and your antivirus was not up to date.I have removed the injected web code but it can be temporary, as the offender can inject the virus again.  😡The forum is using an older version of SMF (our forum software) and it has to be upgraded.I will contact our hosting company to take an action ASAP.Meanwhile, please keep your antivirus up to date.

Anonymous

The virus (origin is China) did affect your computer if you have Adobe Acrobat (which most people have) and your antivirus was not up to date.Meanwhile, please keep your antivirus up to date.

Two excellent points there, Neko:

• Your A/v must be up to date
    • Adobe Reader is becoming a regular target for virus writers. It is also bloated, slow, and most folk only persist with it because it was loaded with all the crapware that came with their new computer. Unless you are one of the minute number of users that need the full function of Adobe Reader you could do yourself a favour by uninstalling it and downloading the free, faster, smaller, safer Foxit Reader and using that for viewing Portable Document Files.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Another free Acrobat reader without Adobe Reader's problems, PDF-XChange Viewer, is available from Tracker Software Products at http://www.docu-track.com/

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Interesting situation – now I can access this site through another post eg Artig tonight re Adobe alternative but if I try from my favourites I get my Eset window telling me the virus has been quarantined but cannot get through.  Any thoughts please?

Dave Ross

The problem should be fixed now. It was a virus, but not a destructive one.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Well that's comforting to know Alex  😐 like saying you've got swine flu but only the guinea pig version…Malcolm

Dave Ross

Well that's comforting to know Alex  😐 like saying you've got swine flu but only the guinea pig version...Malcolm

Would yo have preferred if I'd said that your computer will now self destruct, but not before the hacker has run off with all your money?  :-D.  Let's hope we can keep our noses clean for a while. These hackers need to get a life.

Anonymous

Hmmm,My Linux rig, running the developer version of Google Chrome, says you have a nasty from globalnameshop.cn. Is this where your previous nasty came from? If so it has returned since 1730 hrs this afternoon, if not, then you appear to have another potential nasty. 😥 😕 😥The hidden iframe in the page source at line 36 appears to be what Chrome is objecting to.

Dave Ross

Yep, looks like the problem is still there. I was told it had been fixed. We will have another go tomorrow, if that doesn't fix it we may have to shut down until we can fix it.

Dave Ross

Looks like it's all clear. The offending code has been removed, but we will continue to monitor the solution. Please make sure you have a suitable anti-virus software installed, as you should anyway when surfing the big bad interweb.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.