Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Tyres & the Cruiser

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It seems that Cruiser tyres are a “funny” size! Especially the rear. They exist, but if you are needing tyres for a WOF, give the workshop plenty of notice. The tyre may have to come in from overseas. Some brands do not make the size at all. For example, the Maxxis is not available for the rear.

Niall Deehan
    Participant

Hi Dave,I have been using Avon Venoms since the originals wore out at 11,000km. Very good tyres, well-priced, and they seem to be easy to get. Mileage also good at 17,500 to 19,000km a set.Regards,Barry

Robin
    Participant

I ended up getng Bridgestone – as before. Boith tyres were available for the moment, but I wouldn't want an urgent situation!

Murray
    Participant

I ended up getng Bridgestone - as before. Boith tyres were available for the moment, but I wouldn't want an urgent situation!

Did you have a look at the Continental range. BMW specify the Road Attack on their new sports range so it makes sense they'd do a crusier range as well. I have a Conti catalogue at home, sent to me by the nice people at Wiunderlich, and sure enough - the Conti Milestone looks pretty good, especially developed for cruisers and heavy touring bikes. Breaker construction enables even pressure in the contact area, reducing tread wear. Extremely high mileage due to wear resistant compound and deep tread pattern. Silica compound technology offers better wet grip without reducing the mileage. You can even get with white stripes or complete white walls. Darbi is the importer so dealers should have no trouble getting these. CheersGarry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.