Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Tyres for r1100s?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have to fit new tyres on my r1100s soon and not sure what to get,  Do about 50/50 2up and blatting around on my own.  I used to like Avon on the 907ie. A sport's on the front and sport/ touring on the rear.   Any idea's from anyone 😕  Thanks Phil

Murray
    Participant

Hey Phil, notwithstanding the million or so threads on tyre choice and the relative merits of each distributed around various forums – IMHO, sounds to me like you'd be wanting to take a look at fitting a set of Conti Road Attacks. If its good enough that BMW helped further develop the Conti range (including the adventure bikes) and fit these standard to the new 1200s you can't really go wrong.The ContiRoad Attack – Sports Touring:· Puts 12% more rubber on the road than any competitor's tyre due to Dynamic Footprint Technology.· Takes sport-touring bike cornering performance & safety to a higher level.· Sticky compound with 7mm deep tread gives supersports performance and sport-touring tread life.· A serious all year round tyre choice· Optimised multiple curvature design (MCD) gives light, responsive steering and handlingWhatever you decide on, don't just look for cheap - it ain't worth it.CheersGarry

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Thanks for that Garry.  Phil 😎

Anonymous

My HP2 has the Conti Road Attacks tires on the road wheels

David
    Participant

How do you ride Phil? Are you  bit of  a hoon or a little reserved? Do you ride a lot in the rain? Do you want a 'sport' ot 'touring' tyre? (I have to ask, you've seen these old geezers with Z4's who dont go out in the rain and only go to the corner dairy for a packet of fags!) Are you a '1000 miler' or a 'cafe racer'? (I have a mate who owns a 'Duc' ST4 that's done 300km in 9 months! Silly prick talks about tyre wear…..he also complains his bike uses 17 litres / 100km of fuel!!!! The stuff probably evaporates between rides!)  🙄

honeybear.2399
    Participant

How do you ride Phil? Are you  bit of  a hoon or a little reserved? Do you ride a lot in the rain? Do you want a 'sport' ot 'touring' tyre? (I have to ask, you've seen these old geezers with Z4's who dont go out in the rain and only go to the corner dairy for a packet of fags!) Are you a '1000 miler' or a 'cafe racer'? (I have a mate who owns a 'Duc' ST4 that's done 300km in 9 months! Silly prick talks about tyre wear.....he also complains his bike uses 17 litres / 100km of fuel!!!! The stuff probably evaporates between rides!)   🙄Hi Dick. I felt I have to respond to your post.  Some times I am a bit of a hoon, 👿 sometimes a little reserved) Like when I have my wife of 42years as pillion I don't so much mind hurting myself, but would hate to hurt Judeth. Yes I ride in the rain, but only when it's raining. I want a sport/touring tyre. I could be called an old geezer,but did over100,000km on my 907ie.not going to get fags.  I used be a bit of a 'cafe racer', when I was 15 to 20 years young. We used be called "Milk Bar Cowboys."  On a more serrous note I have had a look on the net, and very much like the sound of the 'ContiRoad Attack' tyres. Which I think will end up as my pick.  Thanks for all the input Phil

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Got a set of Conti's fitted to the r1100s on Tuesday, at Cycletreads in Auckland. A “Road Attack” on rear and “Sport Attack” up front.  Done neally 1000Km since, and so far are liking them very much, not yet had a ride in the wet, so can't comment on wet grip, just yet.  Thanks for the input on this subject.  Will post more as the ks build up.   Phil

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.