Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Tyres for 1150GS

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Sorry but I will need to see a photo of the no chicken strips with you riding the bike :roll:. I still have them on my HP2 and that thing can corner I have to at times take my foot off the footrest to lean the bike more and still have chicken strips ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜€

Have you scraped the pegs Dean?

Anonymous

Sorry but I will need to see a photo of the no chicken strips with you riding the bike :roll:. I still have them on my HP2 and that thing can corner I have to at times take my foot off the footrest to lean the bike more and still have chicken strips ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜€

I think I would scrape the heads first bnefore the pegs, but the boots do get in the road

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I think I would scrape the heads first bnefore the pegs, but the boots do get in the road

Try ridng with the balls of your feet on the pegs, that keeps them out of the way. I've only srcraped the pegs a couple of times, but that is cutting it too close for comfort.

Anonymous

Try ridng with the balls of your feet on the pegs, that keeps them out of the way. I've only srcraped the pegs a couple of times, but that is cutting it too close for comfort.

Remember the HP has more ground clearance than the 1150gs. which means the heads will hit the ground before the pegs. The RT is another story.There is know other way to ride a bike other than on the balls of your feet. Alex did you clean the under side of your bike while it was up side down. ๐Ÿ˜€ I must have missed a great ride down south

Murray
    Participant

I must have missed a great ride down south

Most certainly did Dean. Would have been good to see you there, next time maybe? You still thinking of trading the HP for a GSA?

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Remember the HP has more ground clearance than the 1150gs. which means the heads will hit the ground before the pegs. The RT is another story.There is know other way to ride a bike other than on the balls of your feet. Alex did you clean the under side of your bike while it was up side down. ๐Ÿ˜€ I must have missed a great ride down south

Maybe you just have big feet :-).ย  Can't you see that the bike is spotless underneath?

Anonymous

Most certainly did Dean. Would have been good to see you there, next time maybe? You still thinking of trading the HP for a GSA?

Sold the HP yesterday. I had an offer on Thursday. I now have the 1200rt to sell.The adventure arrives at the end of March and the 450 arrives in September.I have enjoyed the HP but would like to ride more trail rides and the 450 is going to be great for this. I'll have to get a bike trailer.ย 

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Sold the HP yesterday. I had an offer on Thursday. I now have the 1200rt to sell.The adventure arrives at the end of March and the 450 arrives in September.I have enjoyed the HP but would like to ride more trail rides and the 450 is going to be great for this. I'll have to get a bike trailer.ย 

That was quick. The new bikes will be a good combination for you. A friend has recently bought a good trailer. It has a good setup for bikes, but can also be used as a standard trailer. The tail gate acts as a ramp. There is a big lockable storage box near the hitch. It's the best one I have seen so far. On the Old Man Range a light bike with a long suspension would have been so much easier to handle. Had I known what was coming I would not have taken the 1150 up there. For the 1150 the mud was the show stopper. The rest was doable, but tricky. It takes a lot of people to free a stuck 1150. The KTM 950 went really well. A wet clutch is an advantage in these situations. I am sure you will enjoy your new bikes. Who bought the HP2? Someone from Auckland?

Anonymous

I tried driving this track in my Jeep last year and got up to the mud. We both decided to turn around. I do hate mud it is no fun at all plus you have to clean the stuff off later.Kent sold the HP for me I don't know who has it now. I was so pleased it sold this quick. I thought it would take a while to sell a bike like the HP. The price I got was good too a lot better than a trade. If the RT sells quick I may not have a bike for a couple of months.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I do hate mud it is no fun at all plus you have to clean the stuff off later.

Spent half the day cleaning Gerda's bike. Got started on mine, but will have to finish it tomorrow. At least it's drying quickly at the moment. I am pleased to say that I did less damage to it than someone who dropped his at a petrol station. Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of the mud inside the rev counter.

Murray
    Participant

Sold the HP yesterday.

Great that it went quickly and assume you got a reasonable price for it. Are you left with any bits and pieces I might be interested in that you want to get rid of?A G450 would be good around here I reckon. John F and I were out scouting some new access to tracks in Makara yesterday and the HP, while totally competent, was starting to feel a bit heavy by the end of a few of the coastal sections. The CCA is going to be a great ride I thinkย  ๐Ÿ˜€CheersGarry

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

John F and I were out scouting some new access to tracks in Makara yesterday and the HP, while totally competent, was starting to feel a bit heavy by the end of a few of the coastal sections. The CCA is going to be a great ride I thinkย  ๐Ÿ˜€CheersGarry

I hope it wasn't sinking again. What will the challenge sections be like. I might have a go on the R80, if they are not too steep, too deep, too narrow or too difficult.ย  ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

Sold the HP yesterday.

Great that it went quickly and assume you got a reasonable price for it. Are you left with any bits and pieces I might be interested in that you want to get rid of?A G450 would be good around here I reckon. John F and I were out scouting some new access to tracks in Makara yesterday and the HP, while totally competent, was starting to feel a bit heavy by the end of a few of the coastal sections. The CCA is going to be a great ride I thinkย  ๐Ÿ˜€CheersGarry

Every bit I added is now at home. The new owner wanted the HP without any of my add ons. Next time in Auckland come around and have a look most of the parts are almost give away now. I am keeping the carbon head protectors for the adventure. They would be the best add on I purchased for the HP. The 450 is going to be fun. I'll be able to ride the KTM trail rides. I did find the HP heavy after a full day in the seat as well. I was hoping for more adventure rides but they are mostly all gone now, but the trail rides are growing. I am really looking forward to the 450 arriving. The more I read about the bike the better it looks. ๐Ÿ˜€Dean

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.