Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Tyre pressures

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Most tyres are black and round. The BMW ones are round and black. I suppose they may have a stiffer sidewall because of the porky weight.

Are you saying BMW riders are HAM riders?    👿

I was referring to the bikes, but if the shoe fits  👿

ROBIN MOSS
    Participant

Well I could give you all the information that you would ever need about tyres, pressures, temperatures, how to tell if the pressure is right for your vehicle, wet and dry conditions, effects on cornering and why, why two differing tryes for different makes etc but I would be writting for hrs. Then most of the info would fall on deaf ears so i will save the muscle cramp. However if you are really interested drop me an email and I will go to the trouble. Dave the yanks reply has summed it up quickly.  Leigh.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I give up, what does HAM stand for? My wife had some suggestions but they're not appropriate for publication.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

I give up, what does HAM stand for? My wife had some suggestions but they're not appropriate for publication.

"Ham a showy performer".  to overplay a part  (Ie the actor was hamming it up). Yes Alex the shoe does fit.  Regards Phil

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Cool, I won't tell you what I thought it stood for then  😀

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Cool, I won't tell you what I thought it stood for then  😀

No worry you don't have to Regards Phil

Anonymous

Barbs car has nitrogen in the tires. It gives a little better fuel consumption as well better tire performance and ride.The front tire should be no more than 36psi. The front tire is what stops you. Any harder and you will take longer to stop. The rear is set by the weight you are carrying on the bike. Start at 42psi and you can go up to 50psi 

Dennis Prendergast
    Participant

Well there you go, I am now in possession of the bike and the BMW Rider's Manual says thisSolo  front          rear         31.9          36.3I rode from Napier to Plimmerton where I filled up before boarding the ferry.  I checked the pressures and found they were 40 psi in the front and 25 psi in the rear 😮 Adjustments were made forthwith!!Funny thing was, the bike handled fine and gave me no cause for concern.

Anonymous

Well there you go, I am now in possession of the bike and the BMW Rider's Manual says thisSolo   front           rear          31.9           36.3I rode from Napier to Plimmerton where I filled up before boarding the ferry.  I checked the pressures and found they were 40 psi in the front and 25 psi in the rear 😮 Adjustments were made forthwith!!Funny thing was, the bike handled fine and gave me no cause for concern.

Some tires will cup badly at these pressures.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Uh, Dean?All our cars have nitrogen in the tyres.

Anonymous

Uh, Dean?All our cars have nitrogen in the tyres.

http://www.firestone.co.nz/services/detail/nitrogen

Steve Applegath
    Participant

All my tyres have 78.084 % nitrogen in them 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Where could you possibly find a facility that could provide you such a custom blend?

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

It's called atmosphere  😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

You know me better than that

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.