Home Forums Members Thought i’d sign up and say hello.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    white rabbit wrote:
    Goodbye and thank you too all.

I'm now back in Ak but now without bike as it had to go for loading today, my bike leaves for Oz on Monday and I leave on Wednesday it would have been great to finish of with a ride with you all, in total I managed to cover 20,000k's in the 3 months I was riding round NZ.

A very big thank you to Arnie for looking after my crate whilst I was on my travels. I had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet those I did. I will drop onto the site every now and then to see what is going on, so not totally gone.

Watch this space I may be back.

Harvey

Have fun and ride safe in Aust. Remember not to tell anyone about our country 😉
    Jim Young
    Participant

Glad to hear you had a good time Harvey.
    Nice to meet and ride with you and who knows we may see you here again.
    Have a great time in Aussie and for the rest of your trip and let us know where you are from time to time.

Regards

Jim

bakin
    Participant

Quick question before I go,

Is there a site like this for Oz BMW owners?

Harvey

Murray
    Participant

Harvey,

Each Australian State has a BMW owners club. Check out http://www.clubs.bmw.com.au/indexframe.asp, click on "BMW Clubs Australian Chapters" and click on the Club logo for info. Victoria has a great website, no doubt others have a forum similar to this. Enjoy your travels.

Garry

bakin
    Participant

Afternoon everyone,I'm back...........I made it back to Blighty on the 14th Aug 06. The trip in total was a great success, I covered a total of 75,000k's over 9 months of the year (lost 3 months to bike moving from country to country). I only got one speeding ticket (in NZ on the South Island), went through 8 rear tires and 6 fronts, had the bike serviced in all the countries I stopped in except SA (needed it but ran out of time), no accidents (well fell off on a few unmade roads but no damage to me just a bust indicator on the bike).Total cost inc bike, bike transportation, fuel, everything really £40,000 - NZ$100,000ish but worth every penny.Yes, back for the month of Jan 07, landing on new years eve and flying home on the 2nd Feb. I'll be with the girly this time so look out fo 2 pomme's on NZ KLR250's in the first 2 weeks of Jan when we will be doing a little tour of the north island with some friends. I'll then be spending the last 2 weeks of Jan in Hastings when she goes home.All the best Harvey

Jim Young
    Participant

Hi Harvey,Great to hear from you again and that you are safe and well after your big adventure we have often wondered how you are getting on.And of course that you are coming back to NZ for a trip.If you need any help etc while you are here please let us know and I am sure we will be able to do something for you.The BMWOR are having their rally in Napier on the 5th, 6th and 7th of January (see event details on this site) so if you are around there would love to meet up again.If not maybe we will see you for a ride around the Auckland area.RegardsJim

bakin
    Participant

Hey there Jim,Will call in to say hello over the weekend, not sure what day but will hang around for a bit.Harvey

Jim Young
    Participant

Look forward to seeing you again Harvey.Jim

2bjr
    Participant

Cheers mate. As long as you enjoyed it. 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.