Home Forums Ride Reports The sand pit @ Woodhill Forest

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

After the disappointment that I could not go to CCA  :cry:. Yesterday I decided to have a go at trail riding in the forest :-D.Man that was good, challenging ,hard work and heaps of fun all don on a stock standard F650 GS Dakar no knobblies 😮 :?.I got stuck in the sand heaps and went up grassy hill halfway but too slippery no traction no strength so had to put the bike down :oops:.Big, big  mistake now pickup that 650 exhausted :-(. No way had to rest firs drag the front round rest lift the bike and ride it down to find another way out.I can relate to you Alex with the body aching  all over. Now I say never again without knobblies and preferably on a smaller bike like a 450. The 650 can do for off road, But trail riding na not in the near future for me on the Dakar that is. Will post some photos soon. I do not regret it, I had loads of fun 😀 😎 :lol:.Cheers Hentie

Dave Ross

That's the spirit  :-D. I pleased you've managed to entertain yourself otherwise, Hentie. I've been up the beach at Muriway Beach and out again at Rimmers Road. It takes a bit of a run to get up the dune on the way out, plus you may have to dodge traffic coming the other way. However, I don't like to ride the bike in salty sand much. Even washing it afterwards always leaves me in doubt about what happened to the salt. Must be the memory of road salt in winter and what it did to cars.There are superp gravel roads in the Waikato, doable in a long day's ride or even better, with an overnight stay somewhere. We should look into it.Alex

Anonymous

Next time you might believe me when I said to fit knobs and take another rider with you:roll:

David Yeo
    Participant

Hi Dean I believed what you said. I thought it will be fun any way :-D. I just could not resist going and for taking someone with me all ells were gone to the CCA or they don’t have skid plates :wink:.I had fun and heaps of it. Hard work but fun. I will love to go on a lighter bike :-D.Allwais game for fun 😀 :wink:. The knobs are on my list of things I need. Next to a lighter bike 😀Cheers Hentie the fun lover.

Anonymous

I agree with you.  😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.