Home Forums General Discussion The Dangers of Motorcycling

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

This is a very sobering clip of a lad meeting his maker in a very understandable situation, albeit a bloody sight faster than you or I would ride. Not nice. It was filmed by his mate riding behind with a helmet-cam. So quick, so easy and so final.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5507922/Motorcyclist-filmed-death-of-friend-as-they-broke-speed-limit.htmlCheersLoins ps Alex if this is too gruesome, delete it, but it is a good reminder of the dangers.

Dave Ross

You gave plenty of warning, so people can choose not to look at it.

Dave Ross

I had a look just now. The bikes reached speeds of up to a 160mph. It all looks pretty harmless, until you notice that the dashed center lines have almost become continuous. In the end it wasn't the outright speed that killed him, but stupid passing behaviour on what looked like a motorway on-ramp. This high speed riding has never appealed to me, things just happen too fast for me to keep up.

pdmeikle57
    Participant

I reckon!  save the high speed stuff for the track… that isn't full of unpredicatable, unaware, unskilled drivers.cheersTracy

Anonymous

Don't forget to convert, this took place in the UK: clocked at 251.05 kph, speedo top reading on video as 273.58 kph. 😡

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.