Home Forums General Discussion tank water pressure (not about the bike)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

The plumber and gas fitter have installed out Rinnay Infinity to a garage wall, about 8m away from where the plan shows it should be. The plan location would minimize the distance from the outlets and of course, save water and gas.The builder claims they did this to get more water pressure as the garage location is closer to the tank. I know stuff all about these things, but I have a suspicion that they're explanation is bs.Can anyone here who knows about these things give a second opinion?

Dave Morris
    Participant

i would have to agree with you on this. closer is better. plumber put one in here and i got him back to change path of pipes as he had it going to centre of house (location of old hot water cylinder) then back to kitchen. tell im to move it.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

The plumber and gas fitter have installed out Rinnay Infinity to a garage wall, about 8m away from where the plan shows it should be. The plan location would minimize the distance from the outlets and of course, save water and gas.The builder claims they did this to get more water pressure as the garage location is closer to the tank. I know stuff all about these things, but I have a suspicion that they're explanation is bs.Can anyone here who knows about these things give a second opinion?

He is trying to pull the wool over your eyes tell him to move it at his expense the water pump pressure is the same give or take one or two psi over 8mt length of pipe.  I would guess he is working to a quote, ame I right?

Dave Ross

Yes you are. They have done the same to my drainage, it's poor.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also the closer the water heater is to the outlet/tap the more efficient the water heating is and the less you pay for gas. It matters not where the water heater is situated regarding pressure. P.S. I was a plumber in a previous life……

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with your take on this, there is no pressure drop regardless of the length of the pipe, but the closer the gas heater is to the end point then the less water you need to run before the hot water arrives, and that saves power.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

At the end of the day ( if indeed it is) ??? how did this end up?  love to knowRegards Phil

Dave Ross

the plumber and gasfitter decided that this was the best place, the builder let them make the decision. On the contract plan it was shown in the correct location, apparently it was missing from the building plans.We moved on a few stuff ups since then. We're looking at the way flashings have been installed, the size of the bulkhead above the kitchen, the oil stains on the drive and the latest, a snapped off sizable corner of the drive. Oh, I forgot to mention the wrong oven and tabs. I could really go on here, that's the tip of the iceberg.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.