Home Forums General Discussion Suspension set up R1150GS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What suspension set up do you have on your 1150gs? 

Dave Ross

A brand new one  :-D. My Elka shocks arrived last Wednesday and were installed Thursday evening. After the weekend's ride in the rain I can say that I am very happy with them. They were built specially for my weight and riding preferences and are adjustable for compression and rebound. The rear has the remote preload adjustment and front and rear have external reservoirs. The front shock has dual springs. So far I have not made any changes, as they seem fine the way they are.They are quite a step up from the stock shocks and I am pleased that I've bought them. It's a new lease of live for the bike.The stock shocks were on medium preload on the front, on standard on the rear. I think the bikes are set up for a rider weighing about 75-80kg, I am only slightly above that. The stock shocks start to fade fairly soon, but as it is a gradual process, by the time you notice they are pretty much stuffed. They can't be rebuilt without major surgery. Even the good shocks need a service every 20-30000km. I'll probably stretch that out to every 2 years.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.