Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Suspension servicing and suggestions

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All – Greg, Gremlin and Bwucie – thanks for this – watching with interest (& following) – Ohlins certainly on the 'nice to have list' – nearly all my riding is one up with 20 – 30% gravel roadsJust intending to sequence the expenditure since the GS has only just travelled 20,000kmagain Greg I really appreciate your sharing all of your experiencesCheers guys SIncidentally - any of you going to be at the RAG?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Incidentally - any of you going to be at the RAG?

I think I saw someone say it's 6-7 April at Pokaka (somewhere between Auckland and Wellington?). That weekend is Auckland Triathlon, and I'm moto marshalling...Excellent test of the suspension, 2 up, chasing cyclists actually (or being chased)... Last year I took the Chief Technical Official around the course afterwards to check and open it up back to streets... 100kph in 50kph areas, even he commented how planted and smooth the bike was.  ;D

Anonymous
    Inactive

This talk of servicing the standard BMW shocks interests me: I know it can be done, but I didn't know of anybody in NZ doing it. The names mentioned so far are in New Plymouth and Rotorua, anybody know of someone more convenient to Dunedin? I guess distance doesn't matter if I wait for winter layoff and courier the things…Context is an 1150GS, I've always been happy to just ride it on pretty much the standard settings (normally sightlines / fear of cops / fear of death / my skill limit speed more than the bike) but after 80-something thousand kms even I start to detect that all is not as fresh as it once was. Not terrible yet, but why wait until it feels like a pair of dial-a-rides with all the oil leaked out? Ohlins would be nice, but would easily cost half what the bike is worth...Thanks!Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Standard shocks on the R1100 S are serviceable although at first glance and according to most they are not, I used Norm Cobb in Ellerslie he is ex Colemans and knows his stuff

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.