Home Forums Rides Calendar Sunset Trail Ride – 22nd Feb

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

A quick cut and paste. We're planning to do this as a family ride. Amy, myself and our 9 year old.These rides seem like a great place to take the adventure bikes for a bit of practise and you can test ride the Honda off-road bikes as well.Sunset Farm  -  Port Waikato is the venue for this once a year fantastic Trail Ride overlooking the Wild West Coast.  Views you wouldn't believe and fantastic tracks and trails to ride all day long. great trails over farmland, pine forest and native bush.  Great West Coast Views and heaps of alternative routes.Sign on from 9 am to 1 pm - ride whenever you are ready till 3 pm -Signposted from Pokeno and from the Tuakau Bridge ovr the Waikato River - follow the Honda arrows and Trail Ride signs to the start through Port Waikato and a few km south - all on sealed roads.  Counties Honda will be there with their demo bikes and a selection of spares to keep you going.  BBQ at lunch time.http://www.poweradventures.co.nzhttp://www.silverbullet.co.nz/events.php

Jim Young
    Participant

Have done this one a couple of times and the scenery is fantastic, but it is very slippery in the wet.There was also a stream to cross near the end of the run with about a metre lip to go up and the quads who had trouble getting up it churned a big rut on the stream bed just where you wanted to lift the front wheel up and so it dropped you down into it.The result was a huge traffic jam of bikes and quite a few including myself took a bit of a bath !!!!It took the farmer and his bulldozer to cut another path through before the ride could continue.Was great fun though  😀

Dave Ross

I would be tempted, but the weekend is already booked out. It's also time for some new tyres. Thanks for posting the info. Maybe the next one will fit better.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There are a fair few rides listed on Silver Bullet. If any are of interest to anyone, let me know. I'd look at joining you.I've been lucky dropping my bike three times without injury or damage and in all three cases no audience. My concern is dropping the bike with damage or injury. I could be in for a long wait. An audience seems like a useful thing to take along.Amy and my son saw a rider in the ambulance having his arm wrapped last weekend.__________Jim, I probably wouldn't head out if it was wet. Mainly because the family won't be going.Amy's wanting something a little more challenging than learner tracks and less challenging than big ruts, sharp tight corners and a fairly rough track.Do you think sunset will suit her.Actually I may as well put a call Greg Power.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.