Home Forums Ride Reports Sunday jaunt across the Pram Track

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Nice day down here yesterday, just right for an afternoon jaunt across the Pram Track from Akatarawa to Paraparaumu. It’s not long but very scenic, some technical bits and some good river crossings.

Aslan, UpShift, Merv and I met at the Karapoti Bridge for the start. (All pictures courtesy of Merv, my wife nicked my camera to take on her trip to Adelaide this week).

Start.jpg

Aslan turned up on his Daughter's SL230, good choice for the day!!

Stephenturnsup-1.jpg

The track was in good condition, still a bit damp and damned slippery in some places though. The Paraparaumu end was freshly graded (like all rocks pushed to the middle) which made for some interesting moments, eh Stephen 😆

Nicetrack.jpg

Neil had his DRZ250 out for the afternoon, normally he's on a Dakar but good choice for the afternoon.

NeilandhisDRZ.jpg

Merv and his WR250, nice bike and eminently suitable for this ride!!

MervandhisWR.jpg

All good fun really.

Gravityisagoodthing.jpg

Bit of a rest in the middle

Bitofarest.jpg

All to soon we're at the end.

Finished.jpg

It's a great ride this one, only takes about 2 hours, is a round trip of about 70K and, on a good day in the right company it's an excellent adventure, and right on my back doorstep.

Dave Ross

Thanks for the report Garry. You guys seem to have all the fun. We’ll see you soon in the sunny north 🙂

aegis4805
    Participant

thanks for posting Garry – a great afternoon’s riding. I was impressed with the way you hurled the Dakar at the more challenging sections of the track – some of those sections with the relatively large rocks to quite a depth on the corners were quite challenging – not to mention several of the steeper stream exits – cheers Aslan 8)

Murray
    Participant
    Aslan wrote:
    thanks for posting Garry – a great afternoon’s riding. I was impressed with the way you hurled the Dakar at the more challenging sections of the track – some of those sections with the relatively large rocks to quite a depth on the corners were quite challenging – not to mention several of the steeper stream exits – cheers Aslan 8)

Aw shucks 😳 Thanks stephen
    Murray
    Participant
    Kokopelli wrote:
    You guys seem to have all the fun

That we do Alex, here's some more just for you 😛 (courtesy of Neil)

Comingdown.jpg

Garry_River.jpg
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.