Home Forums Rides Calendar Sunday 13 Jun, 0930 BP Papakura, Little and local, South

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

We will tiki tour around (many) South Auckland corners until we get to Wrights Watergardens for lunch.

Xan
    Participant

I haven't been there.Looks nice place.  🙂Do you know that they will be open by appointment only between the mothers day and September?http://www.wrightswatergardens.co.nz/

Anonymous

Do you know that they will be open by appointment only between the mothers day and September?

Nope, I didn't know that, Neko, so you have saved me an oops.  We will go to Patumahoe Village instead.

Murray
    Participant

« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:34:32 am »Don't you sleep  😕

Anonymous

Yep, usually fairly well, too; late start today because we have been stocktaking, normally by that time I have just got off my pushbike at work, 19.8 kms away from my keyboard.

Anonymous

Bleak, cold, rainy, windy, but some of us were silly enough to turn up for a ride.  Wendy, who we've been nagging to get her restricted for months, was gonna boldly go where no learner has gone before, but she was fibbing, 'cos she got her license Thursday.  She also got a bit flabbergasted when I told her she was RIC for the day.I've been starting to feel the strain of being main lead rider and constant RIC, so I am (as part of my overall plan for world conquest and immense wealth) starting to train up a handful of new Riders-in-Charge, so that I can choose to do one or the other from time to time, instead of what I think can be two roles on a group ride.  In other words, instead of just me being Nana, we might have a whole corps of mini-me Nanas  Despite her misgivings, Wendy briefed the run (following the old army GSMEAC acronym - Group, Situation, Mission, Execution, Admin and Logistics, Command and Signals, delivered CLAP - Clear, Loud, As an order, and with Pauses), and re-briefed during the run when circumstances required further instruction.  My hope is I will wind up with people suggesting ride destinations to me, and offering to either ride lead or be RIC at the same time they suggest.  Some of the best rides I've been part of in the past, the RIC has been a non-driving pillion.I led up the Gt Sth Rd, Bombay Rd, Razorback, to Pokeno, then Pioneer, Kellyville, Koheroa Rds to Mangatawhiri.  Then SH2, Kopuku, Coalmine, Island Block to Mercer for coffee.  From there up Mercer Ferry to 22, Tuakau Bridge, Pukekohe Hill and The Village at Patumahoe.  The open fire was very welcome, the food was very good (The Village has always been a good venue, but they have raised the bar with their tucker recently.)The X Bennydick were popular:  xbennydick.jpgAlex got that "eyes bigger than stomach" look when he ordered a pizza for one:  Eyesbigger.jpgBecause YoungJim stayed at home being GranPa in the warm and dry (toughen up, Jim!), Paul F and I had his traditional all day breakfast for him.  Paul did the whole bit, with Jim's poached eggs, and had to share with Rusty:  AllDay1.jpgI had the slighty more modest "scrambleds, hold the 'shrooms" version.  AllDay2.jpgThey say you never quite know what's in a sausage, but I looked at Eenie and Weenie and had queasy thoughts about pieces of Dachshunds - tasted ok, but.After leaving the warmth of the fireplace after lunch, common sense prevailed and we drifted off home.

Anonymous
    Inactive

oh! one is offended strange but not silly. I like everyone else on the ride ( Northshore Rob, Newmember Sean, TEC AGD and Dynamite Des ) were rugged up for the mini challenge.  We copped some great views over Ridgeback Road and Mercer Ferry Road and, He He bugger all traffic. Beautiful clean roads meant that traction was no problemo even the metal stage was smooth sail'n Thanks Wendy, Brucie and volunteer TEC

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.