Home Forums General Discussion Subs renewal

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

😕 I've just renewed my subs online.  There is a request for a $10 joining fee! I could not find anything to suggest that only new members pay a joining fee but to my knowledge that is the way it is.  Members renewing have never been required to pay a joining fee after year one.  I wonder how many members have paid up without thinking and if so the treasurer is going to be somewhat put out when the time comes to write a heap of cheques to members who have overpaid.  😐Malcolm

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just renewed my membership on line as well $54, and yes it looks like it cost me an extra $10 to do this. In the news letter there no mention of a joining fee and it costs $44 for my wife & I 😐Kevin 

David
    Participant

Hmmmmmmmmm…. I renewed online and knowing I wasnt 'joining' I only wrote $44.00 in the box. However, I see your point and will ask for it to be clarified. In the meantime, thanks for your kind donation  👿Just look on it as a part payment for the  AGM or something but tell the Treasurer so she can code it correctly, we no longer give refund cheques.  🙂

Jim Young
    Participant

If you look at the online membership form which you should fill in to record any changes in details, (same as you would when renewing by mail) it says that a joining fee is only for new members.Besides that you should have only paid $44 as I am sure you have both received the hardcopy newsletter with all these details on.But never mind, you can look at it this way, you have at least saved a 45 or 50cent stamp or whatever it costs to send a letter nowadays.  🙂

David
    Participant

The membership area now has a new button just for renewals  😀

2bjr
    Participant

Hallelujah  😛

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

It works very well, thank you. I hope plenty of people are using the service, I find it very convenient.Alex

Anonymous

I must say I found the payment fast and convenient. I never even stumbled across any suggestion to pay more than my 40 bucks ????

dave.valma
    Participant

As a blind reader who can't see the wood for the trees just where is the subs renewal button??

Murray
    Participant

As a blind reader who can't see the wood for the trees just where is the subs renewal button??

Click "Membership or Event Payment" on the home page, it's the big arsed button in the middle with the title Member Renewal  😀

dave.valma
    Participant

unfortunately it isn't on the version I have, maybe it's because I have a mac??

Arne Rohde
    Participant

It's there on my Mac, both in Safari and in Opera. Have you clicked on the ” Membership or Event Payments” link on the club home page? https://www.bmwmc.nz/ Not the forum home page. Doesn't the page it links to have two copies of the club logo, one with “New Member” and one with “Member Renewal” underneath? If not, perhaps you've been to the page before, and need to reload it to clear the old version from the cache.

dave.valma
    Participant

thanks artig that is exactly what has happened, I have now reloaded it.thanks again.

Angus CHAMBERS – 3231
    Participant

Hi Malcolm, hopefully the problem has been sorted, we did notice the odd $10.00 extra money coming through and a new tab has been entered on the Website one for Renewals and one for New Members the Renewals tab does not have the $10.00 on. Let me know if their still is a problem.  Sue

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Thanks Sue, just trying to be helpful eh.  Malcolm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.