Home Forums General Discussion Single bike trailer help needed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi Guys3 years on and the memories of all that pain and rehab have eventually faded and I find myself craving two wheels again.I have made my purchase,but it requires a few hours of TLC before I can throw my leg over the saddle and see if I am really up to the challenge of riding again.I have to remove the bike from its current stable in Red Beach before Thursday evening so I'm cutting it a bit fine in asking for transportation help.I have a van and a tow bar, I also have access to an ordinary trailer but would prefer to use a purpose made trailer for the pick up,my weight lifting days are over and I have no intention of risking dropping what's left of the machine.If anyone on....or close to the shore has a suitable trailer that I could borrow for a couple of hours I would be beery grateful.RegardsRince

Anonymous

Kaikohe is just a bit far for me to put my hand up to help, Wizzard.Plus I'm not sure any of us should aid and abet you lest you do more damage to yourself!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a standard trailer that I've rigged up with a wheel chock and have a ramp.I'm on the Shore and can give you a hand collecting the bike if you want.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kaikohe is just a bit far for me to put my hand up to help, Wizzard.Plus I'm not sure any of us should aid and abet you lest you do more damage to yourself!

I can't blame you for having reservations about helping me Back in the saddle,there are a few people out there that probably think I am totally nuts for even considering it.As far as damage goes,what's the point of taking this body to the mortuary in good condition,they're only going to burn it !!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a standard trailer that I've rigged up with a wheel chock and have a ramp.I'm on the Shore and can give you a hand collecting the bike if you want.

Hi OlinThanks buddy good to hear from you, that would be great,I have access to a couple of ordinary trailers,but without a ramp and another pair of hands to help me on and off with the bike it would be impractical to use them.The guy I have bought the bike off leaves for Europe on Friday morning so I only have a two day/night window of opportunity to retrieve it,otherwise it will have to wait until he gets back at the end of June.PM me if tonight or tomorrow night works for you. I am semi retired now so I could do the pick up in the day if I had help or the right equipment.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hopefully Olin can help you out. I've got a van (ply sheets have wheel chocks etc), but it's currently full of stuff for my boss (consequence of having a van… people come out of the woodwork wanting a hand  ;D)

Jim Young
    Participant

Ya mad Wizz, obviously time does heal the memory of all the pain ? But best of luck anyway ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hopefully Olin can help you out. I've got a van (ply sheets have wheel chocks etc), but it's currently full of stuff for my boss (consequence of having a van... people come out of the woodwork wanting a hand  ;D)

Many thanks, Olin came through for me,very successful mission,tested out his latest trailer gadgets,worked really well,so glad I didn't attempt that on my own it would have been a recipie for disaster. I am ten years older since I last hoisted a bike onto an ordinary trailer up a wooden plank,this was a far more sophisticated effort.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you so much Olin,that was a great help,I anticipated putting it back together and riding it home but ran out of time.......Parts are ordered and should be here in two to three weeks but I may get it rideable after this weekend.Will give you a call when I'm ready and we can maybe have a breakfast run.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ya mad Wizz, obviously time does heal the memory of all the pain ? But best of luck anyway ?

Hi JimI have been thinking about it for around twelve months or more,bought myself a high performance rag top and that just didn't cut the mustard and Babzee would not drive it anyway and she wasn't very comfortable if I drove it the way it was supposed to be driven so I sold it and the proceeds have gone toward the bike.Babzee will not be occupying the pillion,her memory is still very vivid and to be honest,I wouldnt put anyone on the back of the bike ever again it was very hard watching her rehab and even though I was cleared of any blame,you can't help beating yourself up a bit.Hope to see you out on the road sometime.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.