Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Side release buckles

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Wife has a BMW tank bag on her 800S. Need side release buckles that will match the existing buckles to modify a second, smaller bag to fit the harness on the bike. You would not believe how hard it is to find buckles that are the same  ::) I got some from Mac Pac that are ever so close - but not quite - so, unless I change all of them, not the solution. Seems that BMW source these from somewhere special  😮 The closest I've seen is from a manufacturer (Husdon) in Canada. Unfortunately no-one can tell me for sure where they actually source their buckles from. See attached pictures.Anyone got the answer?

Anonymous

I'd take my trusty little Brother sewing machine and some new buckles and make everything the same: maybe that means ditching both ends of your BMW buckle, but it'll make things match. 

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

I have a tin full of similar but not quite the same design.  All are slightly bigger the closest being 1″1/8″ wide. The manufacturer is ITW FASTEX NZ and they have model numbers so it might be worth giving them a call Garry.

Murray
    Participant

I have a tin full of similar but not quite the same design.  All are slightly bigger the closest being 1"1/8" wide. The manufacturer is ITW FASTEX NZ and they have model numbers so it might be worth giving them a call Garry.

Thanks Malcolm, but been there and Fastex buckles are not the right ones. I'm leaning to the Bruce's option, the four buckles I got from Mac Pac cost $7, another four will give me what I need to replace the all the male and female connections, and have a few spare bits over.Thanks to you both.

Anonymous
    Inactive

try this crowdhttp://bridon.co.nz/products/textiles/buckles-fastenings/buckles.htmlthese buckles are sized to webbing widths.

Murray
    Participant

try this crowdhttp://bridon.co.nz/products/textiles/buckles-fastenings/buckles.htmlthese buckles are sized to webbing widths.

Thanks but been there as well, no joy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.