Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Servicing, who do you use?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Morning everyone,
    I have now been promised my bike will be on it way here from the US on monday or tuesday and the first thing I need to do is an 18,000m service.

Where do you all go to get you services done, any contact details would be great. I would do it my self but i'm still inside the BMW warranty so I have added in the cost of service to my big trip.

Harvey

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Hi Harvey,

http://www.experiencebmw.co.nz/ is the Auckland dealership, they will look after you.

Cheers,
    Alex

bakin
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Alex, I’ve been in contact and they are going to try to fit me in a week on friday. If not it will be next yr………..

Nothing against them and I know its alot to ask just turning up and expecting a service(I rolled over the 18,000m mark in the last few days I was in the US, not knowing when I was going to get the bike into NZ I didn't want to book anything before I knew the bike was on NZ soil), does any one have any other number I can try.

I'm still in the BMW warranty period so i'm happy to pay for the service by a BMW agent, if there is no other solution I'll do it myself.

Harvey

Stuart Burns
    Participant

I’ve always understood the situation with BMW (and other) warranties, is that you can do your own servicing without affecting the warranty, obviously unless the failure is due to an act or omission on your part! That was certainly how things worked in the UK between myself, my dealer and BMWUK.

Anonymous
    tonys wrote:
    I’ve always understood the situation with BMW (and other) warranties, is that you can do your own servicing without affecting the warranty, obviously unless the failure is due to an act or omission on your part! That was certainly how things worked in the UK between myself, my dealer and BMWUK.

Not any more unless you have a BMW computer software with updates
    Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Try the Motorcycle Surgery in Kingsland, they should be able to service the bike. I don’t think the readout is that important if there is no problem with the bike. You can always have that done later on. Seeing that you are overseas with your bike I can’t see how BMW would have an issue with this.

Paul
    Participant

Alex, the Motorcycle Surgery is no longer in Kingsland. I was there a few weeks ago and Ian was packing up.

Another option is to try Hamilton Motorcycle Centre (07 849 1919). This is approx. 120kms South of Auckland (allow 1.5hours travel). They may be able to fit you in sooner.

Anonymous
    martyn wrote:
    Alex, the Motorcycle Surgery is no longer in Kingsland. I was there a few weeks ago and Ian was packing up.

Another option is to try Hamilton Motorcycle Centre (07 849 1919). This is approx. 120kms South of Auckland (allow 1.5hours travel). They may be able to fit you in sooner.

Motorcycle Surgery have moved to College Hill Road City
    Anonymous
    Kokopelli wrote:
    Try the Motorcycle Surgery in Kingsland, they should be able to service the bike. I don’t think the readout is that important if there is no problem with the bike. You can always have that done later on. Seeing that you are overseas with your bike I can’t see how BMW would have an issue with this.

That may be so, The computer does not just read faults is has up to date engine management up dates as an on going upgrade for the engine.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.