Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Service costs.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I just had an annual inspection and 60K service on my 4 cylinder Holden/Vauxhall/Opel: all the usual diagnostics and service items, rotate and balance wheels, supply and fit new rear brake pads etc, blah, blah.$611.54The 60K service is not so far off for the R1100s: how much more than that will Experience charge, do you reckon.  My bike has no doors, less than half the lights, no seat belts, no water radiator, no ABS or stability/traction control, no radio, no auto tranny, no air-con, less than half the wheels, half the final drives.  If I double the Holden price would I be in the ballpark?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I paid $466.48 for the 60k on my 1150GS recently, and that included a WOF. That was in Dunedin, so not a full BMW franchise (but a BMW trained mechanic). And they lent me a helmet and gloves overnight 'cos I'd left mine in the office when I went to collect the bike. Great guys, but they do tempt me with that showroom full of Guzzis, Ducatis and MV Agustas…

Anonymous

Bwucie thats more than the annual inspection on my BMW car with 6 cylinders , 4 doors and a bucket load  more electronics. That  badge confused GM is an expensive thing to own!!

Anonymous

Mebbe so, Billy, I wouldn't rate Davie Motors as the cheapest shop in town, to be sure, but they can usually do my car for less than my bike seems to cost.

Anonymous
    Inactive

but they do tempt me with that showroom full of Guzzis, Ducatis and MV Agustas...

now your talkin'. The bmw might be the perfect little non gender specific person that you married , but the ducati is the non gender specific person you didnt marry but really wanted to root

Anonymous

The moderator awaits the pushing of the button.  He doesn't think our language needs to be offensive to approximately 51% of the human race.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The moderator awaits the pushing of the button.  He doesn't think our language needs to be offensive to approximately 51% of the human race.

I would agwee Bwucie, that the english language should not be offensive to approximately 51 % of the human race, and Im sure its not , and seeing as how there have been only 177 views ( and most of them were b4 my un edited post ) Im not sure where you get that figure from, 177 people( possible complainants) is a bit less than 51 % of the human race , Bwucie. Has anyone made a complaint Bwucie?Im tempted to suggest that all the women( assuming they are the 51% you are refering to ) could simply substitute the word "husband " where I wrote wife and the word "guy , boy , man , whatever ) where I wrote girl , but I dont want the other 49% on my back as well  :-D.I dont believe there would be to many people ( of unspecified gender ) who dont know what I meant in my analogy, and while I have no wish to offend anybody , I see no need to apollogise, but I will admit I had quite forgotten where I was at the time

Anonymous

Not a biggie, Homer, and nobody has complained, but there are a lot of women who are members of this forum, or partners of members of this forum, that nosy in on the site, and I'm kinda conscious of their presence out there.  And as this is a forum that is visible to anyone with internet access, a fair chunk of the 51% could access it.They are showing their tolerance, and I will do so happily, because the "editorial" side of my split person hates to have to change people's words. From time to time one or other of us (including me, a few times over the years) gets a a gentle nudge about (mis)use of language: we are kinda gentle/genteel/woosy compared to some of the more "robust" biker forums: we mostly prefer it that way.  In my memory we have only ever had one plonker who didn't get the message and had to be asked to post his opinions someplace else.Don't let our gentility scare you off, this forum is a great place for help and advice about the Beemer bikes, from the year of our lord 01 up till tomorrow, and we are pretty inclusive - gosh, we even let Neko ride her Ducati with us.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good words Bwucie,understood ( happily ) . 😀 Thankyou

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Hi buwcie sounds cheap for the 60ks service did they replace cambelt and tensioners 1.8 petol models from about 99 on are on borrowed time from around 70 to 80ks ,very expensive when they go Ka putt ,Good German cars those Astras.Latest Astras have have a longer life cam belt ,Cheers Richard

Anonymous

Hi buwcie sounds cheap for the 60ks service did they replace cambelt and tensioners 1.8 petol models from about 99 on are on borrowed time from around 70 to 80ks ,very expensive when they go Ka putt ,Good German cars those Astras.Latest Astras have have a longer life cam belt ,Cheers Richard

Your still trying to push this junk I thought you had more interest in windscreen wipers now 😀

Dave Ross

Very diplomatic, I'd keep an eye on my wipers if I were you. 😀  Our Golf has 130000km cam belt intervals. The old one is at 160000km and has never been changed. It's a non-interference engine, so we've been slack.

Anonymous

I never thought some would say i was diplomatic but thanks Alex 🙂I'm looking out of the deck at all the Astras in Maui Hawaii and cannot find a sole, there's a few Golfs.Most windscreen wipers would be worn out by now with all the rain you guys have had. Just sun and Maita's hereI laugh every time, when a certain fellow says this years Astras are close to a BMW 3 series. 😀 I seem to have read this to from a Female car reportor 🙄 she must be not too bad as she rides gravel.I did have my 650 tired chalked in High Street the other month. 🙄   

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.