Home Forums Rides Calendar Sept. 7 AKL Lunch ride to Raglan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Meet at the Tongue and Groove for lunch.[img width=500 height=333]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1058/1255094827_c17ad1ee60.jpg?v=0[/img]

Peter Bradley
    Participant

I would be keen for a ride out.I take it this is open to anyone?? Not sure where you start the ride from but I'm keen to head out to Raglan.If this is okay please send or post the details.CheersTZYAM

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I would be keen for a ride out.I take it this is open to anyone?? Not sure where you start the ride from but I'm keen to head out to Raglan.If this is okay please send or post the details.CheersTZYAM

Of course it is open to anyone, that's why we post it on the internet :-). It's a lunch ride, so people usually just meet at the destination. My wife and I will be going, so you are welcome to ride with us. We could meet at the BP Papakura at 10am. [img width=150 height=103]http://forum.bmwor.org.nz/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=653.0;attach=372;image[/img]

Peter Bradley
    Participant

Cool, I'll be the person on the very tired black R1150GS.I'm heading down from Whangaparaoa, but I'm usually early. Nothing worse than waiting for someone when your going for a ride.  😡Guaranteed to be late now!! 🙂Cheers

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Cool, I'll be the person on the very tired black R1150GS.Cheers

So you've got my bike's twin?

Anonymous

G'day Alex,If the weather plays ball, and if you are going via 22, look out for an eleven-hundy-ess and a 600 Bandit at the far side of the Tuakau bridge.My sister and I are both running away from home(s), and we will tag along with you.We both truly luv our spouses, so long as they are (sometimes) a couple of counties away.....................

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Will do. Hw22 is the way to go. The weather should be ok, we've hopefully used up all the rain during the last two months.

David
    Participant

Bwucie, riding with your sister is not running away from home, LOL, riding with your girlfriend is! (Or boyfriend?)

Paul Greaves
    Participant

Hi Bwucie, same here, if the weather plays ball i'll see you on the south side of Tuakau Bridge at 10.30 ish Blue R1100 RS

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Good to see a lot of new faces at the lunch ride today. The weather held, and apart from a bit of wind it was a great day for riding. Highway 22 was a lot of fun, as usual. However, it seemed to have suffered even more than usual from the rainy season. I lost count of all the slips. At one stage a crack had formed right across the road and this created a bit of a step. Those of us who didn't take the 30km limit seriously would have had a surprised look on their face.There was also one nasty pothole mid corner on a down hill section. Of course it was right on the best line to take. I managed to avoid most of it, but could still feel a bit of a bump. My new suspension seems to do its job though and handled the rough surfaces very well.On the way home I managed to pick up the tank for my R80. This should take the range of the bike very close to 400km, once I've got it all sorted.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great Day!!Yeah, there weren't many bikes that WEREN'T at Raglan yesterday.  Nice day for it!  Here's some video shot after we stopped briefly.  That pothole appears at about 4:02.  Alex missed it, Chris "nearly" missed it, hehe!I'm sure happy with the old airhead.  Showed some modern bikes a thing or two on the ride home!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6XYjqWDvA8  Be sure to click "watch in high quality" if your bandwidth allows.DTY

Anonymous

The pothole: if I hadn't backed off you blokes I certainly wouldn't have seen it with my specs jumping around on my nose (if I had not already parked in a paddock before then).In fact, I not only saw it at my cautious pace, I was able to miss it and give a left arm stop sign so my big sister and her Bandit knew to look out, and she side-stepped it too.You remind me of a dogfight, Dave: it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I thought we were going at  sensible pace in that video. All those little slips made me nervous. The only surprise was that pothole, but that's what the suspension is for. Good video Dave, I didn't know you were filming until I saw the camera at the last intersection. If you want I'll follow you and film for a while next time. It's quite useful to see yourself riding. What goes on in your head and what actually happens can be quite different. I like HW 22 because you can pretty much stick to the speed limit and still have a lot of fun.

Anonymous

No comment about your pace at all: I'm sure it wasn't excessive for your (considerably younger than mine) eyes and reaction times.I also get pissed off that I can no longer play football, tennis or badminton, that waves over eight feet are now painful when I get a paddle stroke wrong in the surfyak, and that I can still struggle uphill in the bush, but I can't go down when I get to the top (problematical, that one).It's called age, and the bad news is that, if you live long enough, it will happen to you! 👿 👿

Peter Bradley
    Participant

Great Video Dave.I have to say we should have filmed the section before this. I had the great seat watching you put the R75 through its paces. Much quicker run, Alex sets a great pace.Shame we couldn't find you some more sports bikes to chew up and spit out  👿I was thinking avoid the pot hole, avoid the pot hole.... then I hit it.  😳 Who said anything about quick reactions  😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.