Home Forums Rides Calendar Sept. 21 Register Ride to Tutukaka

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Sorry, too much club loyalty.  But you go and have fun with your new friends.  A 3-day ride?  I'd have to change the oil and do a valve check each night!Besides, I wouldn't want to hold you up by having to stop for petrol every 45min!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks like a great day tomorrow!  Gonna run in a new tyre and new oil.  Will you meet us in Kow-cop Chris?  I'll bet it's going to be a big group with the weather looking so  amazing.

Dave Ross

Finally a ride without rain. I really enjoyed myself today. Those of you who didn't go north after Tutukaka missed out on great stretch of road and some awesome views. It was the first time ever that I rode through Hikurangi. It was like a time warp that took me back 20 years. We were following an old car as well, it was freaky.We took Hw16 back. Gerda needed a rest, her arm is still sore. We met Luigi at the Caltex where we stopped. I think he had enough of the Italian comfort on offer, maybe he was just missing his GS a little after today.Further down the road an unmarked police car was doing a brisk trade, I didn't see it at the time, NZ Police should stick to Holdens in support of our neighbours :-), a Nissan Maxima is just so unpatriotic. At Kaukapakapa his colleague had already pulled over a bunch of bikes, he was looking the other way as I passed. Then I realized that Gerda was no longer behind me and did a u-turn.  She had been caught along with a bunch of bad boys  :-D. The friendly traffic officer let her off. He said the first bike had been doing slightly over 120. I then realized that I had been the first bike, but they'd missed me, so they got her instead. Including Gerda there were four riders there, the first three were let off, the last one is now a pedestrian, thanks to the 153 km/h he'd been clocked at. He and his mate, both on KTM 950's, must have been chasing the Japanese Sport bike that was also there.  The last one was unlucky and I couldn't help but laugh seeing Gerda caught up amongst them. He wanted to know if she had a full license, too.I'll really try from now on not to get sucked into anything above 115 km/h, it's just not worth it. There is plenty of fun to be had a lower speeds.We saw several more police cars, so we were pretty lucky this morning. I've got to say that I have no issues with what they were doing. Things would get out of hand on this road quite quickly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I saw three police cars on the way down SH16.  Fortunately, I got a friendly warning from a bike going the other way or I would have been caught as well.  The others were when I was behaving.A great day though and a great ride!

Dave Morris
    Participant

Gerda still getting asked for ID a the Supermarket checkout

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.