Home Forums General Discussion S1000RR Designation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

BMW seemed to have strayed from the usual model designation tradition in the model name for this bike. Anyone know why?

Tim BLAKE
    Participant

I guess their first dedicated sportsbike/superbike was the R90S, so for their second why not just reverse it S1000RR? At least that is what I would like to believe

Murray
    Participant

BMW seemed to have strayed from the usual model designation tradition in the model name for this bike. Anyone know why?

The β€œS” in S1000RR stands for Supersports, what BMW describes as β€œa new class of motorcycles" - note the plural. I bet a 675cc Triple might make that a realityΒ  πŸ˜› The general consensus amongst the BMW marketing bods is that "RR" stands for Race Replica, although no confirmation of this.

Anonymous

The β€œS” in S1000RR stands for Supersports, what BMW describes as β€œa new class of motorcycles" -

And here was me thinking the letters stood for SHIT!Β  REALLY RAPID!!!! You learn something every day...................... πŸ™„ πŸ™„

Murray
    Participant

SHIT!Β  REALLY RAPID

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ I like that better Bwucie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.