Home Forums General Discussion Riding Gear

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Evening all,I'm looking at getting some riding gear for my better half and would like to know if anyone out there can give me any ideas? Need to be warm, water proof etc... and I hate to say it, but keeping the price down is good, not the most important thing though.Dave

Dave Morris
    Participant

ya pay for what ya gethad bmw gear 13 years and still fine. BMW also do ladies cut.

Dave Ross

The BMW gear is very good. It's pretty much all we have. You could also check out the new Rev-it gear, it looks good.

Dave Morris
    Participant

The BMW gear is very good. It's pretty much all we have. You could also check out the new Rev-it gear, it looks good.

and keep away from Dri Rider, they getting sh*te write up on other forums. looks ok, promise the earth and cr*p

Xan
    Participant

I have a BMW jacket and a Macna jacket and I'm quite happy with both jackets.Haldanes motorcycle shop has special price for the female Macna jacket that is exactly same as mine.Two are left but I didn't look size etc.Besides they are in Auckland and it is a bit far away from you...

Anonymous
    Inactive

and keep away from Dri Rider, they getting sh*te write up on other forums. looks ok, promise the earth and cr*p

WrongI have had Dririder gear (the same gear for 3 years now) and it is still greatWarm, waterproof and cool when it is hotI have done well over 40,000 km with it too in all sorts of weatherI can probably get 3 Jackets and Pants for the same price as just one BMW JacketĀ  šŸ˜®

Dave Morris
    Participant

WrongI have had Dririder gear (the same gear for 3 years now) and it is still greatWarm, waterproof and cool when it is hotI have done well over 40,000 km with it too in all sorts of weatherI can probably get 3 Jackets and Pants for the same price as just one BMW JacketĀ  šŸ˜®

sorry my mistake. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337856&highlight=dri-riderĀ 

Clive Lawrence
    Participant

Thanks all, got a macna set for the other half. Great fit, will see how all things go with it on upcoming rides.

Dennis Prendergast
    Participant

As far as textile stuff goes I've always bought 'Teknic', very good quality.Ā  Try and get gear that has the hard armour, a lot of other brands only have soft foam and claim it will protect you in a crash? I don't think so somehow.

Dave Ross

As far as textile stuff goes I've always bought 'Teknic', very good quality.Ā  Try and get gear that has the hard armour, a lot of other brands only have soft foam and claim it will protect you in a crash? I don't think so somehow.

I prefer the soft armour myself. The outer fabric of a jacket is responsible for abrasion resistance, while the soft armour protects you from impact. The latest soft armour is designed to become firm on impact, this means that it is more comfortable to wear, while at the same time providing better damping.Kerry from MSW prefers soft armour as well. She said that the hard plastic can shatter on impact and contribute to injury. Kerry has a lot of experience with racing leathers.It is most important though that the armour sits in the right spot. Unless it's where you need it, it will be mostly useless. I suppose it's worthwile replace it if it starts to deteriorate.At the end of the day you'll wear what you'll feel comfortable to crash in.

Clive Lawrence
    Participant

Just got the riding gear sorted, zip put on the riding trou and jacket..and new velcov Now all i need is a chance to test it all.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.