Home Forums Ride Reports RIDE REPORT FROM USA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

HI guys Darryl here from the big USAArrived in Boston  tiired , 7am thursday into our room 9am ,shipping agent only nest door to hotelpopped over there 10am and sorted out a time to unpack bikes 1pm ,went back to room for a sleepNo trouble unpacking bikes apart from the K having a flat battery. left bikes there as they are in undercover for the night.rang Jim Fisk our Usa register member and arranged a time to be met on friday, of come friday we slept in Picked bikes up friday filled up with gas and off to Max BMW for a batteryaround 50milis away lucky we had Jim to lead us. what a great BMW shop the worksop alone would be twice the size of experiences hole shop, then off to Jims house in Holice the long way around 70 miles awaySaturday we headed off to a BBQ lunch put on by a m/cycle warehouse called whit horse press, the place was packed with bikes and people spending heaps.We were then taken on a road called the hurricane trail ,this road winded up a mountain then down again ,narrow ,rougth and big dips ,if u went fast enought u would do big jumps like in motercross.the hardest part so far has been the conditions of the road as with the snow,truck and changing weather these roads are rough . well thats it for now Darryl and Paul

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Looks like you guys are having fun.867931544_wqAyT-M.jpg867934636_i5LKU-M.jpg

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Very envious of you two at the start of your adventure.  Say hi to Jim for me please (he might remember me as the one who got the flashing brake lights after seeing them on his 75.)  Keep us posted and send some pics too if you get the chance please.  Take care out there.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

OK you beat me to it 😀

Brian
    Participant

Darryl and Paul seemed to enjoy the start of their, except a dead battery.MAX took care of Paul. A good time was had by all at the Whitehorse Gear open house. http://www.whitehorsepress.com/  Free food does not hurt the attendance. Darryl commented that Hurricane Mtn  road would be better if it was a one way road. And there always room in Maine for visitors from the Owners Register. Unless I get back to NZ first!!!!Cheers, Jim

Brian
    Participant

enjoyed the start of their trip that is

Mark
    Participant

Hi guysOn Sunday Jim guided us to Dover to a swap meet to meet up with some more BMW riders Paul met on the K bikes internet ( little did we know it was a Harley swap meet so didn"t stay long . From here Jim left us. with our new host .We did a tiki tour around a lge lake much like Taupo to Laconia ,Then headed up the moutain to John and cathys house (again what rough roads ) they leave in a place called Sugar Hilll in Franconia NH .Here we managed to have a day off the bikes and had a good catch up with sleep and rest .On Tuesday 18th we went for a ride around the White Mountain state park by our selves for the 1st time did around 120m with no hassles.we left Sugar hill 7am Wednesday with John to head down to Virginia for a K rally We took the Interstate 91,84,and 81 and are now in a motel in Pine Grove Pensalvania did 500miles with 50% wet and cold (boy they have good moterway systems )well thats it for now will try and get on again after the rally DSCN3201.jpgDSCN3205.jpg DSCN3200.jpgDarryl and Paul from the USA 👿

Dave Morris
    Participant

is this going to be a new thread everytime you post or can the threads be merged ???????

Mark
    Participant

Hi Steve thanks for your dum coment ,u don,t have to read the report from the USA your choice ,just like its my choice if I enter a new post each time try incouraging members to use this site instead of discouraging

Dave Morris
    Participant

nice to see the threads mergered. carry on the ride and post the pics. What I would like to do is read the thread in one thread and will now be able to do this as some kind person merged it.thank you to that personsubject over

Mark
    Participant

Hi everyone  finaly got to a computer, sorry can,t add photos as not sure how to and the computers were usung don,t allow us to.From West Virginia to Chereki North Carialina was an excellent ride through forest mountain roads with excellent corners made for the 2 BMWs ,had a deer run out across the road, and a skunk .The Weathers been awsome with me being tempted to ride with out my jacket ,but with Paul (mum) not allowing me too.Been a bit of fun working out the fuel pumps in the garages as they are all differant , mostly being pay before using.Started the Blue Ridge in Chereeki at the beginning and rode it all 467mile of it,man what a bikers dream ride no traffic ,no lights ,no stop signs . If u want petrol u have to pull off the ridge and into the lcal town and then get back on . there were only a couple of restaurants on it also , took us 3 dys to fiinish .as it was memrial weekend lots of bikes were on it .From here we worked our way up to maine and stayed with Jim and Alison for the night . We then headed for the Maine coast to do the lighthouse ride to ST Johns in Canada, back to the rough roads again ,this is also where the weather changed to rain rain and even more rain and also cold ,we had to stay in a motel for 2 nights as the fog also came in.In St Johns we had to dry all our gear out after only a 4 hour ride.  [DSCN3234.jpg WestVirginiaVeiws.jpg DSCN3254.jpgDSCN3256.jpgDSCN3272.jpgDSCN3330.jpg

Mark
    Participant

Caught the 12am ferry across to Digby in Nova Scotia 6/6 sunday here 3 hr ferry tip cost $90  Fog all the way across cloudy in Digby small fishing village  found a cheap motel ,had a coffe in a diner ,Paul went back to the motel while I walked around the town more , the rain started again just as we decided to go out to the local bar and did it team down ,thunder,lightening so no drink for us .Monday morning and the weather had cleared a little so off we rode towards Yarmouth  for lunch from here the sun came out and we had a great ride to Shelbourne for the night traveling along the coast here is great with low traffic and small fishing villages ,lots of great siights of bays, coves and rivers greta place if u had a small boat or kayak.Well the rough roads are back with us where even a 1200gs would find it a pain sometimes it hard to look at the scenery as u need to watch the road , U guys think this is a holiday but boy are we working hard on riding done around 8000kms so far , we managed to pick rush hour time to go through Halifax ,stayed tuesday night in a surfers hostel as couldn,t find a motel We are now in Port Hasting just inside Cape Bretton very cold and strong winds, the forecast looks good for the next 4 days This is a much dearer area than the USAThats it for now  Darryl and Paul DSCN3335.jpgvDSCN3344.jpgDSCN3339.jpgDSCN3349.jpgDSCN3368.jpgDSCN3378.jpgDSCN3380.jpgDSCN3388.jpgDSCN3393.jpgDSCN3406.jpg

Jim Young
    Participant

Thanks for posting, keep the reports coming.  🙂

Mark
    Participant

Hi guys and girls we left Port Hasting 8.30am and headed for Sydney with a beautiful sunny day still alittle cool though,stopped off at Harbour Veiw trikes to look at there setup on Hondas and Harleys very nice too we were shown one worth around $47,000Carried on to the Cabbot trail and what a good start with a climb up and over to a great harbour veiw u would die for . carried on to a village called Ingdinish and have based our selves here for a few night $100 anght with cooked breakfast included we had to negotiate this price though,Friday lunchtime after doing our jobs (washing,washing bikes and tightening bolts up ) Paul attempted to have a dip he tried 3 x to get each time saying boy its cold .After this we just sat around in the sun drinking tea. saturday we plan to go to the very top of cape Brettontil next time Darryl and Paul

Mark
    Participant

while staying in Ingdinish we got invited to a pre wedding BBQ on the friday night, this proved to be a good meeting point to talk to people from all over we also witnessed a tradition where the bride had to kiss a cod fish, after a few bears the guitar came out and a few songs were sung then around midnight we opted for the barthat had live musicPaul gave up at this poiint and went to bed of course I carried on till around 3am waking paul on my return. A great nightSaturday we headed up to the top of Cape Bretton to Meat cove calling into all the little villages in between, to get to Meat Cove we had to do 7km of dirt with big pot holes over it not good on our bikes but well worth the trip as the scennery was great. From here back to Ingdinish for the Night.Sunday we left Ingdinish to head over the top to the otherside gret riding with good road surface ,great bends  and warnings of moose .We decided to stay in invenis for 2 nights ,when arriving we did our good deed for the trip and heped a family of older women to check there rear wheel out as it was overheating ,we managed to free the brakes so they could use there car ,but suggested they get it checked out. Monday we did a dy ride and finnished the Cabbot trail Tuesday we head out of Cape Bretton on a wet cold very windy day now back in Nova Scotia we headed for Pictou staying here for 2 nights also.Darryl and Paul

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.