Home Forums General Discussion Recycled Waihi Run, Sun 27 Nov.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Didn't for a minute seriously think you had a problem, Malcolm: I know some people enjoy a quite amiable relationship with Holeshot.I know Jean bought several motor scooters there, just on the strength of another opportunity to ogle Jamie.But she felt way more confident having Haldanes maintain her scooters....................and I think she fancies Ramon at Haldanes, too........................

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice talking to you tonite Bwucie. Great to hear you are basically ok and with just a little “more” good fortune we may well see you aboard a V-Strom before too long. Not that I'm biased but the red one does look rather flash  😉Cheers mate.Herr and Frau Baron

Anonymous

;D The demons have just posted me a complaint acknowledgement form, and, most bizarre, the key for the Beemer they were so anxious to have off me on Saturday morning. Now, that'll save me pedalling to work tomorrow, won't it? Wride-a-reck Bikers Inc. 😮

Anonymous

Desperate times, desperate measures.  This is just a giving Steve a free shot at me……….Mr Bell, how do I get some details from my accident?  John Bakers can't do anything until they have some details of who did what to whom, and they say it takes six weeks to get a copy of the crash report!The Mark One Constable-type person I was talking to the other night reckons her what hit me will be through the court before then.?????????????????????Screw the innocent again?  Surely there is some way I can find out what she is charged with before she goes up.  If the Insurers won't do anything until they have the Crash Report, how do I quantify my losses for a Victim Impact Statement?  I will for starters ring the Manukau Prosecutors tomorrow (we had to do this, I recall, when Jean was hit, or we never would have known when that went to court, either), but I woulda thunk the "system" would have had something in place to inform victims (hate that word, but what else to use) so they could at least turn up to see how mild the Judge could make the punishment.But, of course, this is New Zealand: why don't I just send the drunk that ran me down a cheque for, say, $30,000 so she can get a new car and some counselling, so she doesn't feel disadvantaged?

Anonymous
    Inactive

But, of course, this is New Zealand: why don't I just send the drunk that ran me down a cheque for, say, $30,000 so she can get a new car and some counselling, so she doesn't feel disadvantaged?

Careful now... don't go giving them any ideas huh.Normally, how this would work, is that you claim on your insurance, for the bike. It's not your fault, your excess is not hit, and the accident shouldn't count against your history at all. It's then insurances responsibility to sort out covering their losses with the other party (or their insurance). Your insurance follows a reasonably normal course, they assess your bike, decide it's a write off  or not, pay out etc.I wouldn't fall into the trap of playing the insurance company's game. The cops should already have an initial report, that should well satisfy you are not at fault.

Anonymous

Normally, how this would work, is that you claim on your insurance, for the bike. It's not your fault, your excess is not hit, and the accident shouldn't count against your history at all. It's then insurances responsibility to sort out covering their losses with the other party (or their insurance). Your insurance follows a reasonably normal course, they assess your bike, decide it's a write off  or not, pay out etc.

That's as I understood, however it's not what the insurers are telling me. The party at fault has no insurance, not at three times the adult limit (she is 19).  The chances of her having the means to pay fines, reparations etc is vanishing slim.  Any means she does have will probably get siphoned off by the car owner, who I'd be prepared to bet is far scarier than the law.The insurer is also saying, and I have it in print from the Police, that they have to go to Land Transport to get a copy of the report (deductable, of course, from my claim before payout.)  This is the same insurer that didn't even blink and were sweet to deal with when they paid for my wife's stolen scooter.  I musta been an evil sod in a previous life!

Warren
    Participant

When I had an incident which, left me concussed, plod sent me a card with an event number and details of the event including other driver's details.Phone for the Police Crash Office, (09)489 2831I was impressed with all involved (except the other driver who lied). Me fixed, bike fixed, all good.Since John Bakers was sold to Aon, I have found them quite different to deal with on easy stuff which has left me reconsidering my insurance options next time in case I need another claim.Your experience is moving me back rowards Protecta.P

Anonymous
    Inactive

That's as I understood, however it's not what the insurers are telling me. The party at fault has no insurance, not at three times the adult limit (she is 19).  The chances of her having the means to pay fines, reparations etc is vanishing slim.  Any means she does have will probably get siphoned off by the car owner, who I'd be prepared to bet is far scarier than the law.The insurer is also saying, and I have it in print from the Police, that they have to go to Land Transport to get a copy of the report (deductable, of course, from my claim before payout.)  This is the same insurer that didn't even blink and were sweet to deal with when they paid for my wife's stolen scooter.  I musta been an evil sod in a previous life!

Well, I wouldn't believe everything the insurers tell you, as they will say what's in their best interests. Who has your bike, who's control is that bike under? Have you received any paperwork from the police regarding the incident? I would investigate getting that paperwork. The final outcome will naturally not have been completed, but the police would have found who was at fault, and what would be happening, and it's all you need for your insurance.Any work the insurance company does to prove/disprove your facts should be at their expense when it's unfounded. You were not at fault, this is where insurance is supposed to work, cover your losses (well, you'll always suffer some loss) and it's then their job to pursue the at fault party, insured or not, for costs. Whether that party has insurance is not your problem.In unrelated matters, I've heard some shockers about Protecta as well... but I see insurance as a necessary evil...

Anonymous

When I had an incident which, left me concussed, plod sent me a card with an event number and details of the event including other driver's details.Phone for the Police Crash Office, (09)489 2831

Slak's info is correct (ta Paul), but I was too late today: Auckland Crash Office, (09)489 2831, office hours Mon - Fri, 0900 - 1500.

Well, I wouldn't believe everything the insurers tell you, as they will say what's in their best interests. Who has your bike, who's control is that bike under? Have you received any paperwork from the police regarding the incident? I would investigate getting that paperwork. The final outcome will naturally not have been completed, but the police would have found who was at fault, and what would be happening, and it's all you need for your insurance.

Gremlin is also correct: the insurer does have the option of getting a copy of the Police Report, but they have to pay, so they throw it back on the insured.  They also KNOW where to get it from, but it seems to be beneath them to help that much.  In Counties Manukau Police District: countiesmanukau.policedisclosure@police.govt.nzNo, that's not correct, that office is only if you are being prosecuted, so I'm back to square one again!I've spoken with the Prosecutors, case goes to court on 15 Dec: I'm about to write my Impact Statement, which goes to the attending Constable.  Believe me when I say I will be checking before the 15th that the Prosecutors have it.  Will also be booking leave for the 15th, and for whenever she is sentenced - gotta get some small entertainment out of the experience.The bike is still in the garage under JBInsurance, and me and the camera will be visiting later this week.Thank you all for advice and assistance.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I have just signed up with classic cover. They were $363 cheaper than JB with a much lower excess for theft. That's full cover for three bikes. I've been with JB for 7 years and have never had a claim, so they have been excellent to deal with. I hope you'll get your stuff sorted to your satisfaction, Bwucie.

Anonymous

Finally managed to find the right police person, got the right paper, forwarded it to John Baker, followed the email up in the car, signed the assessors paper, am about to sign and return the final discharge – money should be in our bank before the weekend.  They were brilliant once I finished going round the houses to get the bit of paper – why don't they tell you where to go for it?Then I shift some of it to Jean's account to pay for this year's repairs, she subbed me for them, and I am left with enough money to replace my helmet.  As I won't have a bike to use it on, I can quit without hanging up my helmet!That'll leave me a couple hundy bucks to start saving towards my gotta be stainless steel for West Coast beaches blowkart - hopefully hitting the $3K target about a week before I retire!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good to hear matery… and inside that 6 week estimate eh?  😮

Anonymous
    MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THIS WHOLE THREAD

If you are involved in an accident with another vehicle (heaven forbid, but I'm one of the proofs it can happen) and your insurer requires a copy of the Police Crash Report:

• Ask the officer who has his/her name on the Complaint Acknowledgement Form, in a perfect world, he/she can facilitate this for you.
    • In the real world, you can contact the Police Crash Office.  I have no idea how many local offices there are, as in does the Auckland office cover the SuperCity, or upper North Island, or wherever? A call to your local Police Headquarters asking for a phone number and email address should elicit something.  Don't bother trying their website, unless you are a gun searcher.
    • In Auckland, these numbers (as one of the five or six Pauls pointed out) get the Crash Office 09 489 2831 or 09 489 2832).  To request the Crash Report for your incident, you will probably have to grab an image of your licence to attach to an emailed request, in Auckland that goes to: crashoffice.auckland@police.govt.nz

I just had the biggest buggar of a time getting that bit of paper: with it, JBInsurance are right onto things, without it, nothing happens.Best option, don't have the accident: then you don't have the trouble.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Best option, don't have the accident: then you don't have the trouble.

Well for goodness sake man, what you were doing innocently stopped in the middle of the lane, while others could cross safely? Some like to just keep on going, drunk, running people over etc, and you really shouldn't be getting their way!  😮

Mark Williams
    Participant

Brucie,I am glad you are OK.  I had a similar experience 🙁 Nov 30 at about 1620 on the Ngauranga gorge in Wellington.  I joined a seven vehicle pile up, last: I am often late for parties.  I tried very hard to miss the car and hit it with a glancing blow on the right taillight.  My 1100hundy RT had the light, top faring and mudguard broken.  My left wrist joined in and my left arm in now in a cast.  I await the insurance company's verdict on my bike.  I spied your bike on Trademe yesterday, it's not in good shape at all. Keep save

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.