Home Forums General Discussion Re: Arai Freeway open face helmet

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Now thats a coincident that you like Bwucie and myself.  We both own R1100s's  PhilWell, Phil, that's not quite correct just at the moment. The eleven-hundy started pumping oil out of the final drive bevel box on the way through Te Anga, heading home from Kawhia two weekends ago. Fortunately it was already booked into the ever busy Experience BMW hospital for a 40K service before that happened, unfortunately I need to replace the pinion bearing (only available from Chermany, at mondo $$$$) and the paralever needle bearings (already replaced at 20K, so this looks like routine maintenance!)I was looking forward to leading another run for a group of friends Sunday coming, and dammit!, I will. That I know of, so far, strung out behind my wife's 250 Burgman that I will use will be (an eclectic mix), my sister's brand spanking GSX650F, a Yam GTS1000, a K1200GT, a 1200 Sportie (complete with original dirtbag, Steve), and a Yam XJR1300. I hope they can all keep up with me. 😀 Sounds like a lot of trouble for only 40,000km I'm up to 60,000km plus  with on trouble (should I be saying this?)  enjoy the ride anyway. I'm working Phil

David
    Participant

My R1100RT had the input final drive seal and bearing replaced at 79000km. I pulled the drive, gave it to Experience to fix and refitted it for $357

Anonymous

Oh, I wish, Dick. The bearing alone is going to cost me not far short of that.Certainly I would have looked at the same methodology you used except that the bike was fortuitously (or maybe otherwise!) already booked in.Love them or loathe them, sometimes Bee-ems are a tad expensive, but then what bike isn't? The old maxim is, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it. BUT! I can always find a way to afford this bike, 'cos I LUV IT TO BITZ! (I can stand beside it outside a cafe, and look like a biker that can really pedal: until the onlooker notices the size of the chicken strips on my tyres. The Metzeler elephants are not being threatened in the least, d'you ken?)

Jim Young
    Participant

I Know exactly how you feel Bwucie, my kids keep saying (and Henry) as well, when am I going to get a new bike.But to be honest I just love the one I have, got it just how I want it and admire it every time I see it so why change ?

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

PS Is anyone interested in some biking jandals ?

Yesterday I got passed by a guy on a scooter wearing a black open face helmet and biking jandals. I am glad you've finally managed to sell your stuff. Those scooter riders are obviously a tough breed, as I was still filling the chill with all my gear on.

Anonymous

PS Is anyone interested in some biking jandals ?

Yesterday I got passed by a guy on a scooter wearing a black open face helmet and biking jandals. I am glad you've finally managed to sell your stuff. Those scooter riders are obviously a tough breed, as I was still filling the chill with all my gear on.

Real bikers expose flesh !

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Real bikers expose flesh !Would  you by any chance have for sale any Lycra shorts, like push bike riders wear as safety gear ?  I think I would look good in a pair of those on the R1100.   With the open face Helmet and Jandals.  🙄   Saw some down hill peddle bike racing on TV the other day speeds  60KMP +  Only safety gear in site was open face helmets.  And while I'm that subject how come cyclists can hold races on open roads? 

Arne Rohde
    Participant

The more flesh you expose, the safer you are. As evidenced by this safety ad.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH34xzIdY58

honeybear.2399
    Participant

The more flesh you expose, the safer you are. As evidenced by this safety ad.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH34xzIdY58

Well that will save some cash. I'll just take the open face  👿 Phil

peter.trub
    Participant

Would  you by any chance have for sale any Lycra shorts, like push bike riders wear as safety gear ?  And while I'm that subject how come cyclists can hold races on open roads?  Its all to do with the "Lycra to Brain Ratio" It seems the more Lycra you wear the less intellegence you need to apply to your own saftey, plus the less courtesy you are required to show other road users, eg: riding five wide on a winding single lane country road then giving the finger to the truck driver who has just put a fully laden B Train off the road in an effort to safe your worthless life, But I digress  😀

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Would  you by any chance have for sale any Lycra shorts, like push bike riders wear as safety gear ?  And while I'm that subject how come cyclists can hold races on open roads?  Its all to do with the "Lycra to Brain Ratio" It seems the more Lycra you wear the less intellegence you need to apply to your own saftey, plus the less courtesy you are required to show other road users, eg: riding five wide on a winding single lane country road then giving the finger to the truck driver who has just put a fully laden B Train off the road in an effort to safe your worthless life, But I digress  😀

Why stop digressing there ?

Anonymous

Did anyone see Top Gear Last night ? 3 guys on 2 wheels with open face helmets, Jeremy Clarkson even took a tumble and surprise surprise not a scratch on his face.I hope all you self rightous priggs are going to contact the BBC to tell them how very wrong they were to send out such a message on global tv!Hope you read this Mr NZGSer !!PS Does it stand for New Zealand Gob Sh*te

Murray
    Participant

Hope you read this Mr NZGSer !!PS Does it stand for New Zealand Gob Sh*te

There's no need to make a difference of opinion personal, get over it.

pdmeikle57
    Participant

PS Is anyone interested in some biking jandals ?You mean like these  😮  and yes, they are for real!http://www.bata.com/us/news/news/news.php?id=577#cheersTracy

Anonymous

Taka 900 per pair! That's way too dear, I will just carry on using my Jandals ®.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘Re: Arai Freeway open face helmet’ is closed to new replies.