Home Forums General Discussion RATED R18

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Mate You are right the bottom link is moved about 10mm closer to the engine than standard to get a bit more ground clearance under the engine. The rear swingarm is down alot further than a standard model can ever be. In the photo it is just hanging there. I am looking at getting 250mm travel out of the rear end. The back wheel will be sitting about 85mm when I am sitting on it so should be in the sweet spot.boGSerHave a look at this I could still go further

peter.trub
    Participant

My faith is restored anew mate  8)One of the rules of shaft I was learned when a boy was that the angles should be equal in and out to minimize vibes. However as the BMW drive shaft has a big rubber cush and the cross'es dont align (even if you could see them both) my thoughts are the rules change.  😮Keep up the good work  ;D

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lookin good  8)

Ron McFadzien
    Participant

More Progress. Time to start getting serious about this and take it for a ride. The R850 is going to be coming to bits for donor parts it was a runner. Some parts available for sale.

Ron McFadzien
    Participant

Another View

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Very impressive. Can I have a ride once it's done? Definitely pron. The mods will remove it soon :-).

Ron McFadzien
    Participant

Very impressive. Can I have a ride once it's done? Definitely pron. The mods will remove it soon :-).

KOKO, No problem as long as it rides safe. You are welcome to have a ride once I get it going.boGSer

Ron McFadzien
    Participant

If all goes well you might not have to wait to much longer Alex.http://www.flickr.com/photos/28806692@N02/20620090840/in/dateposted-public/boGSer

Mark
    Participant

Looks like it would be a great bike to hoon around on at the Cold Kiwi next month

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.