Home Forums General Discussion Rallye 2 Pro Suit – your opinions please

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What say you? I can get a Rallye 2 Pro suit for around $1500 at my back door, even if Customs charges me GST. It's from a USA seller.What are your views?I'd rather have the black, but the blue looks nice, if loud.Anyway, like I said, glad to hear opinions before I take the plunge.Also interested in what other options are out there.

Murray
    Participant

Go for it. I've had a Rallye Pro 3 for about a month now and it's wicked. The Rallye 1 worn for the last 4 years or so wasn't that bad either so a 2 must also be good, if you get my drift  😀

Jim Young
    Participant

Does it come complete with the liners ? if so a very good deal.

Russell Taylor
    Participant

I had a note from Artig today. He put me on to Mount Motorcycles.I rang them, and they are having a big stock clearout.Anyway, I'm a latte drinking GS rider, so I snapped up a BMW Comfortshell jacket for $450, a bargain in my eyes.Now I'll just have to get a Comfortshell pair of pants at an equally bargain price, and I'll be drinking double shot lattes for months to come.Ta to all.

Anonymous

What say you? I can get a Rallye 2 Pro suit for around $1500 at my back door, even if Customs charges me GST. It's from a USA seller.What are your views?I'd rather have the black, but the blue looks nice, if loud.Anyway, like I said, glad to hear opinions before I take the plunge.Also interested in what other options are out there.

Can you give us the bmw store details?

Anonymous
    Inactive

That's a very good deal, even if thieves hit you up for gst. I have a set and its been excellent. So many bits to play with: liners, pockets, arms that come off.Used a stripped down version in Thailand last year: plenty of vents which is a good feature. The trous are very comfortable. And you get to look like Gareth Morgan too, so there's a plus!!

Anonymous

I've tried the rallye 1 & 2 and find the gear too heavy.  The best BMW gear I have had owned is the BMW Savanna 2 suit until I had the jacket cut off me. The gear was very light.The BMW suit i would like is their air flow suit. I have a very light heated under jacket which will work great under the air flow jacket.

Russell Taylor
    Participant
    Robin
    Participant

I may be out of touch with importing regs, but I seem to recall that clothing did not attract gst at the border. And dos'nt it start with the declaration description from the sender?

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Clothing attracts both import duty and GST. Duty is 10% (last time I looked), and GST is calculated on both the clothing and the freight costs, and probably on the duty as well. If the total duty and GST is less than $50 yoiu will not have to pay. If higher you may or may not get charged.However, if you bring it in yourself as luggage, for personal use, you won't be charged GST or duty.

Jim Young
    Participant

Yep, Artig is correct, my other half ordered some clothes from Marks and Sparks in the UK about 6 weeks ago and she was charged both duty and GST.At one time you could be lucky and it would be missed but I believe they have tightened up on scanning the parcels now.She brought clothes in with us when we returned from Aussie last night and no problem as we had them with us.

Anonymous

Yep, Artig is correct, my other half ordered some clothes from Marks and Sparks in the UK about 6 weeks ago and she was charged both duty and GST.At one time you could be lucky and it would be missed but I believe they have tightened up on scanning the parcels now.She brought clothes in with us when we returned from Aussie last night and no problem as we had them with us.

Did you apply for a Aussie GST refund

Jim Young
    Participant

No all bought in different places and it is not accumulative.

Anonymous

The dollar is touching 80cents. Even buying a new bike in the US is looking cheap and having it sent home. You still have the BMW world wide warranty.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.