Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Rain-X or similiar, does it work?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Anti Fog Visor Systems. I have tried many options, but latest one (and the most expensive) is PINLOCK visor, made in Netherlands. Some helmets have a pre-fitted

This is the best I've had, came fitted to my Shoei, bought a second Visor (yellow) that does not have the Pinlock. Am going to drill the holes and fit one.Dave

dave.valma
    Participant

I have used Rain X on my Nolan visors without any problems it worked extremely well inside and out, BUT when used on My system 4 the visor was history!! BUT after reading one of your earlier replies I have to conceed that I applied it to the interior and exterior of the visor. Would I risk ruining another visor to see if it was because I applied it to the inside, Well no I wouldn't. Maybe I will try the pledge suggestion as it seems to have been tried  and proven.Steve.

Dave Ross

I have started using NIKWAX on the System 4 and it works as advertised.

Xan
    Participant

Where did you buy it?Do they sell NIKWAX Tech Wash and TX Direct, too?I used to use those product to wash my Gore-Tex gear but I haven't seen them in NZ.

Dave Ross

I think we bought it at Motomail

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it OK to use pledge on a K1100LT windscreen? 

Murray
    Participant

Is it OK to use pledge on a K1100LT windscreen? 

Yep, use the multi-purpose one with a sof t cloth. Don't mix it with other products.

Brian
    Participant

Pledge is it. And it is usually easy to find.

janejohnstewart
    Participant

Last time I was out diving, the skipper was coating the glass on the boat liberally with Rain-X.When I passed comment, our resident smart Alec (no pun intended) commented that the starch from your common or garden potato will do a good job of keeping a screen clear as a temporary measure.... and having a clear visor in Northland is even more of concern that for the folks in Auckland and further south.Yesterday for the first time it what seems like months, it forgot to rain ... it's made up for it today.

Dave Ross

Looks like I am going to get wet on the way to work then, bummer.

Clive Lawrence
    Participant

If you yet the chance to try the PINLOCK system in the Nolan helmets. I've had no proplems with using them.  I've done several rides from Welly to Dunedin and gone from sun and 20+ to sideways rain without having to change.That is now that the new Nolans have a better seal than what I got seven years ago.

2bjr
    Participant

Pledge is very good.I also use a " bug off " product from the moto shop on my screens, wiser and car wind screens. 😀

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Hi Dave, if that is the flip front model I'd be very interested in a more detailed report of how you find the Nolan in terms of effectiveness and comfort  🙂 and perhaps what you had previously.Thanks Malcolm

Clive Lawrence
    Participant

Hi Malcom,I've got the the New N102 Nolan flip front. I've found much less noise than the N81 I had.  Don't have to wear ear plugs, not that you really need to with BM's anyway. I've found it much warmer with a guard that comes around the back of the neck to stop any draft there.Have the NCOM system in as well, no problems listening to MP3 or as I do ipod on those long trips. I'll give you an update in a couple of weeks on the blue tooth kit I've added to it for rider - pillion comms and phone if you really want to talk to other people....(NOPE!!) Easy to use.. I've done about 10,000k's with mine since Feb.Dave 🙂

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Thanks for the update Dave,  😆 I would very much appreciate a follow up when you have tried out the new mods. Malcolm

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.