Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk R1150GS ABS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I know I have a problem with the abs on my bike, , should I expect to hear the electric motor on the abs unit come to life while stationary and the brakes operated , or is it not a pump motor unit as it appears Any comments appreciated Les   

Anonymous
    Inactive

I've got a 2001 R1150GS, the only time they make a noise is when you first start after a dead stop, and of course when they are stopping you from skidding in an emergency stop.  Occasionally they fail to register when I start off in the morning but that doesn't make any sound and is the fault of the old battery not quite being up to scratch.Is your problem that the ABS is operating when you're stationary? Or as you're rolling to a stop?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the reply, the ABS is showing a falt with the indicator lights , I'm just wondering what I should expect from the unit as far as noise on startup and operating the brakes..Think I will just have to wait till I get it to a dealer for a check .Thanks Les 

Tim BLAKE
    Participant

When I turn on the ignition I hear the fuel pump from under the tank, no sound from the ABS untill I have moved forward a couple of meters when they click/scrape a couple of times, and the ABS lights then stop flashing, indicating all is ok. Hope that is of some help with what to expect

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.