Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk R1100RT Hall sensor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Well, after a very very expensive week at the dealer, got bike back and all was fine….then started missing, backfiring and then cutting out.Decided to have a look myself. After testing the hall sensors, one started to fail after 5 minutes with a hair-dryer aimed at it.  New Hall Effect Sensor ($25.00) from JayCar did the trick with the help of a tutorial on the web. Now running fine. The dealer wasn't to know that the hall sensor was starting to fail and it did get worse very quickly. If anyone else gets this sort of problem, let me know and I can send you the tutorial for the fix including re-doing the wiring.  😉

Ron McFadzien
    Participant

It will be OK as long as you replaced the wires up to the plug with heat resistant wire. The 1100 had bad wires to the hall sensors and the insulation cracked along its length about every 5mm in the section closest to the engine, any water gets in there and you are back to square oneGood luckboGSer

peter.trub
    Participant

So you shouldnt try and cross the Tuki River after you have fixed your hall sensors?  :-[The BMW ones are real expensive  😮A guy on trade me (BMW1) has them at a reasonable price  🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.