Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk R100 starter motors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone know where You can get a converted  Nippondenso starter motor for a airhed r100 .My new vello startermotor packed it in after 6 years and 30,000ks of easy use.or has any body got a used starter that works? cheers Richard Kuysten 021 993708 Auckland

Dave Ross

Hi Richard,I've found a website that stocks these starters. As you know, I may need one myself.AlexHere's the link http://www.motoelekt.com/ignition.htm

janejohnstewart
    Participant

Not Nippondenso, I know, but …I've got a Bosch starter in the shed that I was intending to recon myself as a learning experience.I think I gave $50 for it a while back, so shout out if either of you are interested.However, the Valeo's that no longer have the earlier magnet issues are as fitted to small Citroen (AX) and Peugeot (205, 106?) cars, apparently.  If you do fancy raiding a scrap car yard, be aware that there are 2 versions of the Valeo starter with differing number of teeth on the starter drive, so make sure you pick up the right one.HTHJohn

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just fitted a Nippendenso starter to my GSR100PD ordered it online from Motorworks LLP cost NZ$517.69 deliveredIt looks good and was easy to fit guess I will not know whether is lasts longer than a velo for a while but it can't be worse

Dave Ross

I've ended up with a Nippon Denso as well. It looks to be well made and just dropped in and worked, no hassles.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.