Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Qulity monitoring of ABS

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Received a letter from BMW SA about quality monitoring of ABS feedback control.

Quoted from letter..... " Quality monitoring has revealed that the ABS feedback control function can fail in the event of repeated braking " With that a annexure for the Rider's manual also.

So I dont know if any of you also received letters from BMW NZ

I will ensure that I will take my bike for inspection before shipping to NZ.

2bjr
    Participant

My bike was at BMW. The ABS unit was replaced at a cost of R20 000-00 (SA) or $4800 NZD. 😯
    But with luck to me under the BMW guarantee!!!! 😆
    Hopefully that problem is solved

Anonymous

Wonder why, after gutting the ABS from the K100LT wwhen it went south, and getting the bike re-certified, that I made sure I bought an eleven-hundy-ess without it?
    But don't let this tightwad old whinger put you off: if you can afford to shell out for repairs after the warranty runs out, go for it. ABS is, absolutely, a life saver when you have ballsed things up.
    Just make sure you know what it feels like when it operates. LTSA know of a few cage drivers that bought the farm when they took their foot off the brake pedal, "Because I heard the brakes making a funny noise." Go figure! They had already outdriven their capability, then when the machine tried to help them, they said, "No, thank you, I'd rather have an accident."
    Probably the same clowns that turn off their traction control, then spin up across Ponsonby intersections.
    Thank goodness us bikers are a more intelligent class of people, eh?

David
    Participant

Speak for yourself Bwucie 😕

2bjr
    Participant

As Kiwi Adventure was saying in his post.Read artical. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12169559/from/ET/

Looks like BMW had woken up at last!!!! But lucky for me I went through that allready and my bike is fixed. Lucky by BMW.

2bjr
    Participant

BMW sorted out the devil with the ABS. Hope all the new models do not get the same problems. THX BMW. 😀

Anonymous

BMW sorted out the devil with the ABS. Hope all the new models do not get the same problems. THX BMW. 😀

Get an HP2 and your will never have a ABS problem again. 😀 😀 😀

2bjr
    Participant

And I want to do that, why  😕 😕Cheers and stay on top.

2bjr
    Participant

😀Info news on model recallsCould be of interest to someone. 😉http://motorcycles.about.com/cs/motorcyclenews/l/blmotorecalls.htm

2bjr
    Participant

Heard today on the Wellington ride that there is still problems with some ABS units.  Come on BMW 😡 😡

2bjr
    Participant

The link was updated………….. Have a look to see if there was a recall on your bike.http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.