Home Forums Rides Calendar Port Waikato, little and local.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Like all the “little and local” runs, good for oldies/littlies/born again/new riders.Sun 12 Dec 10Leaving BP Papakura at 0930.Little and local,  winding up at Port Waikato (Bwucie's body-surfing season's underway).  Bring your own picnic or rely on Kaos-by-the-sea.

Dave Ross

What a great day it was. It was good catching up with you guys. Too bad we just missed you at the Twisted Sisters. Our little gravel excursion took longer than expected, as we found a road we hadn't been on yet. Here are some pictures.It was pretty dry out there.DSC02451.jpgDSC02450.jpgDSC02449.jpgDSC02448.jpgDSC02447.jpgDSC02446.jpgDSC02445.jpgOh, there is one more...Bwucie modelling the new BMW Beachguard suit. Not sure it's going to take 0ff....DSC02444.jpg

Anonymous

What a great day it was. It was good catching up with you guys. Too bad we just missed you at the Twisted Sisters. Our little gravel excursion took longer than expected, as we found a road we hadn't been on yet. Here are some pictures.Oh, there is one more...Bwucie modelling the new BMW Beachguard suit. Not sure it's going to take 0ff....

Good onya, Alex, I knew someone would ping me!  Your message arrived while I was typing my (now redundant) one elsewhere:I've been sitting here waiting for the images from the shutter bugs to appear, but nothing.  I was convinced I'd be named and shamed, but no, Budgie Smuggler Man has escaped censure again.  Tony O' did try to get me thrown out of Kaos for bringing the Register into disrepute, but I took no notice: not from a man who wears a jacket the same bright orange as my shortie-lavalava towel.Total contrast to last weekend's hi-miler, and just as much fun.  Your company, is, of course, the X-factor.

Dave Ross

I guess I went too quickly. It should have gone into ride reports :-). Feel free to shift it. I must talk more people into coming onto the gravel sections. The best scenery is on gravel roads.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yet another fantastic day on planet earth,Bwucie took us through some gorgeous countyside.I even got a little homedick at one stage as parts of it reminded me of roads travelled many moons ago in the county of Shropshire as a lad.Great company again,with some new faces to put names to.Picnic venue was perfect exept for a few unwelcome hungry visitors who were after a little more than my sandwiches,(bloody sand flies)Its OK though,I should be able to fit back into my leathers by next weekend after my legs have returned to their normal size.I did take some pictures but unfortunatley I have not the foggiest idea how to include them so they will have to wait until someone clues me in.Thanks again BwucieKind regardsRincewind

Anonymous

As we all agreed, take a Pom to troll for all the sandflies.Although it's a wonder the sight of David's technicolour shorts don't just knock them outta the sky like President Ray-Guns lasers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excellent day out thanks Bwucie. Great roads, scenery, weather and company (as usual). 13 bikes at a littlies/newbies/born again run must be one of the better turnouts. Well done, well led and a big thank you to Rob for looking after TEC duties too. Cheers,Herr and Frau Baron

Anonymous
    Inactive

In sharp contrast to today, last weekend's ride was on a beautiful hot and sunny day. It was great to see so many bikes along, and also great to see Wendy gaining confidence on her little cruiser. So much so that at one point she spotted a bunch of cyclists and decided to head off with them. I think it was the shaved legs that caught her attention, but Paul and I eventually rounded her up and got her back in our bunch. She tried to make another break for it just as we were approaching the heads, but we were quickly on to her that time. IMG_0501.jpgShowing typical Auck ride parking discipline, barely two bikes are facing the same way.IMG_0495.jpgBy the time I had parked my bike, Bwucie had disrobed and headed into the surf. Unfortunately he had taken off hi Hi-Viz gear and a very concerned group of bikers were scanning the waves to check that he was OK. IMG_0490.jpgWell, Kerry briefly glanced his way. I was just about to ask this fit and athletic looking life-guard if he had seen Bwucie when I realised that it was him. A large piece of tangled seaweed had attached itself to his head and I hadn't recognised him at first.IMG_0500.jpgIt was a lovely spot to spend a little time and enjoy a picnic under a shady tree. IMG_0493.jpg

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

That little list at the bottom of your post is growing quite rapidly Rob  😛

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.