Home Forums Ride Reports Pokaka 2006 R.A.G. Rally

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Pokaka2006.jpg
    A great time was had by all.

Dave Ross

Neat collage Ingel. But it must surely be the worlds shortest ride report :-). Would you mind sharing a bit more detail? How many attended? What was the food like? Who one the trophy? How many braved the elements in a tent?

Cheers,
    Alex

Tharon KNOETZE
    Participant

A picture paints a thousand words and I am a man of few words but here are some more.
    About 40 people attended from Northland, New Plymouth, Tauranga, Te Puke, Stratford, Napier, Waikato and Auckland. The food was AWESOME. Clifford again doing his wonderful spit roast ably assisted by Greg, Jean, Wendy, Lesley and others. Lots of vegies (6 trays of roasteds), greens and salads to accompany the meat. About 6 tents were outside for those hardy souls. As for the trophy........... I wish you had never asked because yours truly dropped the LT in the driveway before we had even set off!! 😳 Only a few minor scratches, but oh the shame. It took myself, my wife and the lady across the road to lift the machine upright again. Anyway enough of that and back to the important stuff:- The rally consisted of lots of talk and stories all surrounding bikes and rides, some drinking, but most of all comraderie. Some were early risers to get back to Cambridge for the Toy run, others left a bit later to find their way to the Boatshed, Karapiro for lunch (some getting there by a very unplanned circuitous route), one to go south for his mother's 86th birthday and others just to wend their way home by various roads. A weekend enjoyed by all.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Great pics Ingel I had almost the same shots from Pokaka but was just too tired to download them on Sunday after my long long ride 😳 (Here’s one you didn’t get) and another which might make one think we were at a car rally not a bike rally.

Actually I'm rather pleased the longest part of the ride was after the weekend otherwise I might have given you a run for the trophy eh. 😉

Malcolm

Dave Morris
    Participant
    Ingel wrote:
    ……….. I wish you had never asked because yours truly dropped the LT in the driveway before we had even set off!! 😳 Only a few minor scratches, but oh the shame. It took myself, my wife and the lady across the road to lift the machine upright again..

can someone show this man the link on how to lift a small bus back onto its wheels by ones self :0
    Anonymous

Dunno if this is THE link you want, Steve, but it is one such: http://www.dps.state.mn.us/mmsc/latest/MMSCHomeSecondary.asp?cid=5&mid=32

Dave Morris
    Participant
    Bwucie wrote:
    Dunno if this is THE link you want, Steve, but it is one such: http://www.dps.state.mn.us/mmsc/latest/MMSCHomeSecondary.asp?cid=5&mid=32

thanks for that Bwucie. thats the one I may of seen. this kind of info is great for those who r returning to biking or it has slipped the mind on how not to put ya back out.

one of the beiggest things i come across upon witnessing an incident wherer some one has had one of lifes slip ups is telling them to stay down and access injuries b4 getting up. yes u may feel a charlie and it is impulse to get up so not so embrassing but poor old mrheart needs to sort himself out or broken bones are another.

i was going to rotorua mountaining biking one day and a car had come towards us lost it, crossed centreline and rolled several times. the occupants were all black power members. one was thrown thru rear window. he was a huge man with tats and in leathers trying to get up and walk. after i spoke with him he evn had the sense to stay wherre he was. i have a very good video clip (2mb) of the human brain not thinking properly after being run over. if ya want it email me

steve
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.