Home Forums General Discussion OTRC F800 GS ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I see 'Experience' have the GS 800 listed. Does anyone know what the approx on the road cost will be and when we are likely to see delivery ?Thanks.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

They list the retail price at just above $19000, the bare bones F650 is $16500 or something like that. The thing is, such bikes don't really exist, as all the bikes coming into the country have higher options. so my guess is you'd be looking at close to $23000 for an F800 with the usual gimmicks. If I remember correctly the first demo is due in August and the first customer bikes in September. They've sold a few already.

Mornay Maree
    Participant

Reply from Experience : The colours are yellow & graphite. We have the yellow picture on our website under new motorcycles. The other option is a graphite colour. The prices are F800 GS $19,950On road costs $500ABS $1,510Luggage (yet to see pricing but an estimate would be around $2100) They are based on those fitted to the R1200 GS Adventure.I have 2 models arriving each month from October to November. 5 of them are purchased & the final one is waiting on the demonstrator ride in September. I can not give an accurate month at this stage as 2009 deliveries are yet to be determined but a deposit will allow me to get a commitment from our supply chain. The short answer is I should have at least 1 or 2 for delivery in January & the same for February, March & April. You are welcome to ride our demonstrator when we have it available in September. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Bit of a wait it would seem.

Anonymous

I think he has the wrong baggage. It should be the 1200gs baggage not the adventure baggage as that is aluminium and would be around $4,000.00.You should order the bike subject to a test ride or do deal on a real BMW 1200gs. ๐Ÿ˜€ You should be able to get a good deal on the demo 1200gs ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I am sure it will be a popular bike, worth waiting for.

Anonymous

I am sure it will be a popular bike, worth waiting for.

It will never be popular if they don't have the numbers to sell ๐Ÿ™„

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

The NZ market is almost completely irrelevant to BMW, but they will ship all the bikes that Experience can sell, you'll just have to wait for a while. Not having the numbers to sell here at the moment means that it is already a successful bike. I'd say they'll sell a truck load more F800GS's than they will G450X's, as the F800GS has fewer competitors in its class.

Anonymous

The NZ market is almost completely irrelevant to BMW, but they will ship all the bikes that Experience can sell, you'll just have to wait for a while. Not having the numbers to sell here at the moment means that it is already a successful bike. I'd say they'll sell a truck load more F800GS's than they will G450X's, as the F800GS has fewer competitors in its class.

We will see

Robert George
    Participant

I would buy the new GS ..if it came with a step ladderย  ๐Ÿ˜€Looks like the 650 for me which is really an 800 anyway..

Arne Rohde
    Participant

The F800GS is not really as tall as the numbers would indicate. It is taller with the low seat than the F650GS with the standard seat, but not by much. I'm short-legged and could just reach the ground with both feet on the F800GS with the low seat, but for a number of reasons decided on the F650GS instead. On the F650GS with the standard seat I can comfortably reach the ground with both feet, but not flat-footed. With the low seat I can just flat-foot on the 650. So far I haven't regretted choosing the 650.

Robert George
    Participant

The F800GS is not really as tall as the numbers would indicate. It is taller with the low seat than the F650GS with the standard seat, but not by much. I'm short-legged and could just reach the ground with both feet on the F800GS with the low seat, but for a number of reasons decided on the F650GS instead. On the F650GS with the standard seat I can comfortably reach the ground with both feet, but not flat-footed. With the low seat I can just flat-foot on the 650. So far I haven't regretted choosing the 650.

Cheers !ย  I have the extra low seat on my ST which has helped alot, think the std seat on the 650 would be similar to the ST with std, too tall for us little legged blokes.Will be interested in seeing the 650/800 GS, its a pity us Wellingtonions dont have a dealer at the moment! Have to plan a trip to Auckland before longย  ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see the guys from South Africa are posting an 8 month wait to ge a bike from order due to demand.Can you imagine it getting the same here?Quick place your orders tomorrow....

Rick Ratcliff
    Participant

Reply from Experience :Luggage (yet to see pricing but an estimate would be around $2100) They are based on those fitted to the R1200 GS Adventure.

The luggage is very similar to the 1200GS Vario luggage, but without the aluminium panels.There is a bit of a wait in ZA, but that's probably due to the waiting list starting the day they launched it in Europe. ๐Ÿ˜ฎBTW, when a new mode is launched in ZA, the dealer principals all go over to BMW Germany and vote by consensus on which options the 'standard' model will have for the South African market.ย  Typically, there will be a 'entry level' model (no ABS,etc) and then an 'upper level' with most of the ribbons and bows - e.g. the 1200GS Adventure is sold with the all Adventure luggage racks factory fitted as standard.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚(Oddly enough, in ZA, BMW outsells all other makes in the over 800cc market)

Dennis Prendergast
    Participant

The video's on Youtube of the 800GS are worth a look ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.