Home Forums General Discussion Old HP

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

This is my new Adventure Bike 🙂

McKenziePass.jpg

Anonymous

I like the colour. I may have mine tomorrow. 😯

aegis4805
    Participant
    Kokopelli wrote:

Nice one Koko - looks like a nice R80GS Basic - one of the last eh? You should have a lot of fun - cheers Aslan
    😉
    Jim Young
    Participant

Looks great Alex, look forward to seeing it.

Murray
    Participant
    Kokopelli wrote:

And you should be 😀 Alex, good score!!
    Dave Ross

The bike is still in Blenheim. I bought it off Ross Williams. The bike was a bit of a tourist whore, being an ex rental. However, they usually service their bikes well as this comes cheaper than having to do a call out.

I want to set it up as a pure Adventure bike. Hopefully I can remove some weight from it. The ultimate goal is this

GSHeck4_HiRechts.jpg

GSHeck6_VoRechts.jpg

Murray
    Participant

I knew it was Ross’ old bike. Good look you’re aiming for Alex.

The Stainintune I ordered for the Dakar arrived last week, it's a wee cracker and shaves about 6kg of the back end, makes the mid-range a bit more pleasant, and sounds very nice as well.

See you Kaipara in a month or so 😆

Jim Young
    Participant

looks like it’s in real good knick Alex, nice pics.

Dave Ross

Jim,
    the bottom two pics are wishful thinking. The bike at the beginning of the thread is the one I have bought.

Cheers,
    Alex

Jim Young
    Participant

That one still looks good Alex, Just get Gerda set too with the cleaning materials and it will soon be like new 🙄

Brian
    Participant

SWEEEEEEET BIKE!!!!!!! Enjoy. Like you need someone to tell you that. On a GS. An Airhead is better yet!!

Dave Ross

The bike was delivered today. Of course I had to hopp on it straight away. It’s a neat bike, now I get to do a bit of wrenching. I am planning to tidy it up a bit. First up I’ll have to find new or good used headers. So if you know of any for sale let me know.

I had neve ridden an airhead befor, so this was a brand new experience for me. The gear box shifts smoothly, and it idles well. I like the low down torque , it can just putt putt along at a crawling pace.

I can see myself having a lot of fun on this bike. Got one more picture, but not a very good one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.